Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Killarney Tomorrow?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

blorg wrote: »
    If you have a seat booked, it's yours- your name actually appears on a LED display above the seat and you can turf anyone else out of it (they have announcements on boarding about not taking reserved seats.) I'd be more worried about the bike, I know the guard's vans well and you might get more than six bikes in but it does not surprise me they have a limit of six, at the end of the day they are not huge without limit. Hint- bring cable ties and maybe you can persuade someone to let you tie your bike to the hooks, you can get an extra two bikes in that way, each side:

th_irish_rail.jpg

The Killarney train isn't a Mk4, it's only a Mk3, hence no LED displays over the seat for reserved seats. On the Killarney train it's up to the train conductor to place the signs on the reserved seats and I get the impression that this isn't always done.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sooty11

OK Guys
    I dont know where you would get pasta after 10 pm...when the train arrives in....but...
    these would be a few choices for Pubs and dining for tomorrow night!

Late Bars - they would all do pub grub up id say
    -The Granary Bar
    -Tatler Jacks
    -The Failte
    -the plaza
    -Scott's Gardens

NightClubs
    -Mustangs
    -The crypt
    -The Grand

late night take away - has to be Den Joes!

"Proper" restaurants - Treyvauds Restaurant, Gaby's Seafood Restaurant(expensive), Chatper 40

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

penexpers wrote: »
    The Killarney train isn't a Mk4, it's only a Mk3, hence no LED displays over the seat for reserved seats. On the Killarney train it's up to the train conductor to place the signs on the reserved seats and I get the impression that this isn't always done.
    Ah OK- I'm still sure you'd have no problem turfing someone out if you could show them your reservation with the seat number on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

Murphys on College Street do good food and the Guinness is good.
    Enjoy the day and hope the weather isn't too bad.

Did it last year for the 1st time since 91 and really enjoyed it, have ongoing problems with my knee so I'm not doing it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Forecast *may* be getting better......
    wunderground.com:
    Saturday
    Chance of Rain. Scattered Clouds. High: 16° C. Wind NW 32 km/h. Chance of precipitation 20%.
    *crosses fingers*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Hi folks. Heading to ROK tomorrow. Been following the discussion on the boards. I phones Iaranrod Eireann - there is space for up to 20 bikes in the gaurds van on the 1830 train this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

ROK ON wrote: »
    Hi folks. Heading to ROK tomorrow. Been following the discussion on the boards. I phones Iaranrod Eireann - there is space for up to 20 bikes in the gaurds van on the 1830 train this evening.

welcome to the fray :).

20? well that's better than what i was told. still gonna be tight though. really wish i'd booked a seat, was only really thinking of getting the bike on board. ah well... i'll be there early and be taking no prisoners. :P

@tiny - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

niceonetom wrote: »
    welcome to the fray :).

@tiny - thanks!

My seat numbers are above, if you get there first, find em and sit in them -I craftily chose seats opposite each other to make it less likely to have someone book the other two, so you should be fine in any of those four (if you get what I mean)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

sly fox. see you later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Guys - I will be along in the morning (weather permitting)

I will be in an 'Skoda Team Italia' jersey and 3/4 lenghts on a Specialized Allez - with my buddy on his Trek - both going very slowly.

Say hello if you spot me ( giz a push! )
    Hope to see you there.

Rob

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'm in seat a42
    RobAMerc wrote: »
    Say hello if you spot me ( giz a push! )
    Hope to see you there.

Rob

Say hello to us at the start. I'm sure the boards jerseys will be easy to spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Quite manky down here all afternoon in Killarney - driving drizzle from the east at the moment - though the Met Eireann image for Saturday looks okay and description (Rain clearing to showers and bright intervals.) is promising.

Advertisement