Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL during the summer?

Options
  • 03-07-2008 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

Anyone around the campus at the moment? Is there much going on? Is anywhere (Stables/Spar/Java's etc.) open or is it completely dead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

*tumbleweed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Funkstard wrote: »
    Anyone around the campus at the moment? Is there much going on? Is anywhere (Stables/Spar/Java's etc.) open or is it completely dead?

Yeah I'm around campus. I usually frequent the Stables a few nights a week.
    Loads of kids about the place though :mad: Running amuck and making lots of noise :mad:
    Loads of conferences and BBQ's going on in the Stables. A group of French students about the place...and the lads know how much I love the French :pac: ......
    The Stables is open almost everyday for its normal hours, Java's is open during the day AFAIK, and stays open Wednesday's until late for traditional music sessions. It was packed last wednesday, and they had to borrow stools from the Stables....
    The Paddocks is also open.........

The Don wrote: »
    *tumbleweed

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Mossin wrote: »
    the lads know how much I love the French :pac: ......

Dave: "Giggity giggity" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Had to go out there for a while today; it's actually a lot busier than I thought it would be. As was said, there are the token Language students running around screaming for no apparent reason, while the library is ticking over with Masters students (I presume) and the likes in there.

The shop is open, aswell as O' Mahoney's and Javas.

I couldn't wait to leave the place come the end of last semester, but I can't wait to go back now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

There are plenty of folks (like me!) still scouting around the place for the summer. Pretty much everything is still open, albeit with reduced hours. The SU and shop close at 5pm. Java's closes at 5:30, except on Wednesdays when it's open later for trad sessions. I haven't figured out the Stables-it's strange! There are lots of Italian & Spanish kids around causing havoc but sure you'll have that! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I haven't figured out the Stables-it's strange!

The opening hours are stuck up on the doors facing the SU. Surprised that you missed them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

It's that busy so? I didn't think the shop or anything would be open. Sounds like it's nearly busier than it is at weekends during term

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Mossin wrote: »
    The opening hours are stuck up on the doors facing the SU. Surprised that you missed them :D

That's what I have minions like you for. :D

Advertisement