Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maximising profits- help appreciated

Options
  • 03-07-2008 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭

i put a fiver on Safin e/w in wimbledon at 100/1. After federer's QF, i'm not so confident, so my question is, what's the best way to maximise a guaranteed profit on this bet. I'm at work so can't access any bookies, but would it be better to lay off the bet on safin to win the tournament, back federer to win the semi final, lay safin to win the semi final?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

To even out your profit you would have to lay Safin against Fed at current odds of 11/1 on Betfair.
    Let's say you lay Safin for €22 at 11/1.

Scenario 1: Safin wins Semi. You are guaranteed €255 back assuming 1/2 odds e/w less the €242 you have laid on BF.

Scenarion 2: Fed wins Semi. you lose your €10 original stake and win c.€21 (After commission.)

Scenario 1: +13
    Scenario 2: +11

Personally I would let the bet run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

cool thanks, i will definitely let it run in that case. c'mon safin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Safin is about 28-1 at the moment ?

You could lay him for just over €17 and bank that as a guaranteed return. Not much really as the odds are still quite long.

Advertisement