Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Extra Extra!!

Options
  • 03-07-2008 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All

I know this has been covered before, but im trying to get a feel for peoples experiences over last few weeks.
    Alot of cars have been imported from the UK. Both before and after the new CO2 System of late. I was wondering how many of you guys got shafted for paying the VAT on Extras when you were registering? Trying to get everyones recent experiences and if the car they were importing was 3/5/10 years old or did it make a difference in the VRO?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No extras so far? hmmmm Maybe not as many importing as i first thought:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

Shhh, keep it quite but Rosslare have instructed VRO not to bother charging VRT on extras for this week and next if the basic VRT is under €10k. I saved myself €800 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

robbie99 wrote: »
    Shhh, keep it quite but Rosslare have instructed VRO not to bother charging VRT on extras for this week and next if the basic VRT is under €10k. I saved myself €800 :D

Legendary info. Im hoping that helps me. It is a 7 year old car and paying vat for extras would really p*** me off even if its 25% at "current value". Its nonsense. Hope it stays that way for next week or so :)

Advertisement