Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2009 BMW 7 SERIES photos leaked!

Options
  • 03-07-2008 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsGallery.aspx?AR=233708&EL=-1&IM=180412

I'm not a fan of BMWs but I've always had a soft spot for the 7.

Not this one however. Everyone gave out about the last one, but at the very least, it had an aggressive front end - which I liked. This one does not. In fact, it looks a little bit weak. Also, not that I ever liked it, but its lost that tacked-on looking bootlid - which now makes me wonder, why did BMW adopt it for the last one in the first case?

Anyway, there are the pics. To me, as with most any car these days, it could pass as anything from any maker. Jag XF, Lexus GS, New Hyundai Genesis etc. It's all getting a little blurry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Back: 8/10
    Side: 7/10 Looks a bit long.
    Front: 3.5/10. Argh!! The grilles look a bit big and a bit upright. Id have it slanting back a bit more, like the 5 series.

Overall grade:

Must try harder!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Looks like a 5-series with an arse on it.

Yuck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Apart from the front, tis a nice looking car to be fair.More dynamic than the last one.The interior is a real disppointment IMO, though.Its more or less exactly the same as the x5 or x6 or even the 5 series(That is now 5 years old) for that matter. The S-class' interior is bespoke(except the cl CLASS).I would still buy that(would being the crucial word!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Is the beige one supposed to be the LWB one by any chance??The navy one looks shorter to me

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Teh Russ

FAIL. It's like the last 7-series didn't happen. :( It looks like a old-shape 5-seres with a thyroid condition. Not impressed. I much prefer the Bangle styling of the current model.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Reminds me a Merc! :eek: :pac: :p

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

looks like a 5 series on steroids:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Me likey! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

OMG, I'm actually lost for words, I had such high hopes for BMW finding its way again. What a heap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Do you think of the lads just set the homepage to be Google or did they pay a wedge of cash to BMW:confused:

If you wonder what I am on about then look at the interior pic with the idrive screen;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Petal1

Will drop like a stone in value like the rest but no matter how ugly this may look and all the criticism it gets i bet all the critics will give it No1 for driveability and comfort. Bmw technology is by far streets ahead imo. google images for the new 5 series and 3 series due out in the next 2 yrs, they never date like a Merc, Jag etc

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

To be honest, very disappointed.Looks no were like the cs concept car that bmw is supposed to base their design on. The front really is bad. The 7 series actually looks abit "tinny" wonder what the 5series will look like now.

Also is it me or does the back remind everyone of a c5.

2008-Citroen-C5-Back.jpg

378842633.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I like it apart from the back lights. Front is exactly how I would have expected a 7 to look if you base it on 3 & 5 series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Just looks like an extended 5 series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

These photos are very similar to the ones I posted in this thread on the 22nd of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Looks like a 5S
    also looks C-R-A-P!

But bet a massive amount of fools with to much money will fork out for ths heap of junk

the old one looks better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The 730d does 39.2 mpg and has CO2 emissions of around 190 g/km(not 100% sure yet), meaning it may make it into 28% VRT but probably will just miss out by 1 or 2 g/km:(, it now has 245 bhp and 398 lb ft, the 740i has a more powerful version of the International Engine of the Year for a second time in a row, with 326 bhp and 332 lb ft from its 3.0 straight 6, which means for the very first time the 740i is a 6 cylinder engine in line BMW's plans to cut down on the cylinder count to cut fuel consumption, unfortunately it won't be frugal enough for 32% VRT so it will be a rare sight on our roads, but it does 29.1 mpg, while the 750i has the new 4.4 V8 with 407 bhp and 442 lb ft averages 24.8 mpg and pollutes around 270 g/km, so that won't please the greenies either, but the 730d and 740i are nevertheless big improvements on their predecessors which managed 210 and 267 g/km.

Details of other engines have yet to be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I think it looks fantastic...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I like it. Kidney's are a bit large on the front though. Don't like the alloys either. Will probably look much more impressive in the flesh methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

How long does it look in LWB form though.

9080703.007.Mini13L.jpg

How soon before cars outgrow all but the newest parking spaces?

All the newest D Segment cars are starting to get Maybach long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Looks cheap and nasty, very asian looking. :confused:

Can't understand all the negative opinions tbh! i think it looks fine :)

Regarding 'Asian' looks, i recall thinking the 5 was very Japanese looking when it first came out and that didn't impress me. But the design has really grown on me since.

I don't know what BMW could have done better in order to impress all you naysayers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

CtrlSource wrote: »
    I don't know what BMW could have done better in order to impress all you naysayers!

Google the BMW CS concept for some ideas:

http://www.autounleashed.com/bmw-cs-concept

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Looks cheap and nasty, very asian looking. :confused:

At first glance, I thought it looked like a new Toyota.

Zube wrote: »

Far too agressive looking for the top end luxury market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

CtrlSource wrote: »
    Far too agressive looking for the top end luxury market

See if your still saying that when they release as the 8 series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭geoff29

Zube wrote: »

+1 as this would have been progression.

though I also agree with Ctrl, it's perhaps *too* aggressive for the mainstream. Disappointing though, as that is what I thought was to be the new 7. Reckon you're right zube, will prob become the 8 series to rival CL Merc and also Maserati Quattroporte. Wonder will they do this by doing a CLS/Passat-CC with the 7?

Yeah it would be a great 8 Series. But the 7 and 8 Series are different markets for BMW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

The front reminds me of a mixture of a sonnata and a rover

Puke!:eek:

Advertisement