Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band drum kit broken - ALREADY!

Options
  • 03-07-2008 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I was merrily drumming along today as usual, when i decided to try to see if I could pass Blackened on Hard.
    Everything was going fine until the 2nd time the really fast bit appears.
    All of a sudden every time i hit the yellow pad it felt like i was hitting a sponge.
    I thought nothing of it because i just wanted to finish the song, but once it was over my worst fears were realised.

The yellow pad had caved in as if it was cracked underneath the rubber cover.
    Then I rang up GAME to see if they would give me a replacement kit.
    Short Answer: no

so I've just e-mailed EA to see what the hell they're gonna do to make me happy ;);).

I don't suppose anyone else has broken their kit yet?

oh and here's what I sent them in a nutshell:
    Hello,

I bought Rock Band on the Irish release date of 23rd of May. Up to today everything had been working fine, now however, one of the pads on the drum kit has caved in in the middle as if it is cracked underneath the rubber covering.

My question is:
    How do I go about getting a replacement kit?

(Will update with EA's response)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I thought there was a six month warrenty with the drums!!

I bought mine in gamestop and they said there was....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I reckon they will just say go back to the shop you bought it from and ask for a replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I reckon they will just say go back to the shop you bought it from and ask for a replacement

Wow.. well this is a dodgy area.... "Some" shops will take it back and give you a replacement. I think they say something like within 6 weeks of purchasing, otherwise go to EA.

Legally, I thought all electronics have a 1 year warranty, but as to who replaces it is an unclear area. Most shops direct you to EA.

I have broken 2 kits. This is what happens when you play on Hard and Expert. The game can't really handle playing on expert.

What kit do you have? (EL, QM, SL?)... The cable behind my yellow drum pad got pinched when hitting the pad, so it was an easy fix, but only cos I know some electronics... The Bass pedal is famous for cracking. It's now "if" it'll crack.. it's "when" it'll crack. when fully pressed down, the bass pedal bends and eventually cracks.. especially if you play on expert. (hello maps!).

I've modded my bass pedal after it completely split by Duct taping 2 metal chopsticks to it... Pictures below.... You'll notice I show a picture of me getting 98% on Maps Expert which proves that my mod is awesome. (maps is notorious for being constant bass pedal hits throughout the song)

DSC00031.jpg
    DSC00032.jpg

Also....

Rock Band – Point of Sale Info Sheet

Please provide this important information to all Rock Band Instrument Edition, Drum Kit, or Wireless Guitar customers!
    • Keep your receipt! This may be required in the event of a warranty claim.
    • Follow the included assembly instructions closely!
    • If something isn’t working correctly, visit http://rockbandservice.ea.com first!
      • This website is available 24/7 in English, French and German.
      • It will help you to determine whether there is a defect with your hardware and what to do if there is.
      • Depending on the nature of the defect EA will either replace the faulty item/part to you directly or refer you to your place of purchase - the website explains all this.
    • Follow the instructions on this site over and above any included manuals.

The Rock Band warranty programme is offered as a value added service to all customers in order to replace defective or missing hardware items quickly and easily with a minimum of disruption to the customer. The customer’s statutory rights will not be affected by this service.

© 2008 Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Harmonix, Rock Band and all related titles and logos are trademarks of Harmonix Music Systems, Inc., a division of MTV Networks. Rock Band developed by Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. MTV: Music Television, MTV Games and all related titles and logos are trademarks of MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Cully wrote: »

What kit do you have? (EL, QM, SL?)...

I'm 90% sure it's an EL. (Cos I cba to go check ;))

Why? Is there any real differences?

• Advertisement

I'm 90% sure it's an EL. (Cos I cba to go check ;))

Why? Is there any real differences?

There are many differences, but probably not relating to your fault. Your actual pad cracked right?

The sensors inside are different between ELs, QMs, and SLs....

Do you have a Pic of what's broken? I might have a suggestion depending how it's broke.

Cully wrote: »
    There are many differences, but probably not relating to your fault. Your actual pad cracked right?

The sensors inside are different between ELs, QMs, and SLs....

Do you have a Pic of what's broken? I might have a suggestion depending how it's broke.

The pad seems to be cracked underneath the rubber casing. the visual fault is that the middle of the pad has sort of sunk in a bit

Tried to take a pic but can't get one at an angle where the fault is visual.

I might be being a bit of a b***h about it and i should probably just keep using it but it just doesnt feel right

OK so i went into GAME again and played the old Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 card.

the guy in the shop showed me a sticker on the RB bundle box saying that the faulty peripherals should be returned to the manufacturer and not the retailer. They also told me to try to contact EA again.

so I called EA up and basically what they told me was that the sticker he showed me is only on US/Canada bundles meaning it doesn't apply to Ireland. He also told me that Rock Band hasn't officially been released in Ireland and therefore GAME are obtaining their RB bundles from a third party and not EA, meaning i can't get a replacement through them.

Summary:
    - Rock Band cannot be replaced by EA to Irish customers as it has not officially been released here yet.
    - Rock Band falls under Irish retailers' usual returns policy and the sticker on the box (well mine anyway) is irrelevant.

I'm also wondering if this sticker is on anyone else's bundle box?
    It should be on the top of the box (Pictures Attached)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I've read alot of complaints from the US about the drum kit being very week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

- Rock Band cannot be replaced by EA to Irish customers as it has not officially been released here yet.

But it is :confused:

• Advertisement

im...LOST wrote: »
    But it is :confused:
    That's what I thought aswell.

But it makes sense when you think back to when Harmonix announced the EU release dates. They said it would only be released in three regions of Europe, France, Germany and the UK.
    And Ireland not being a part of the UK, means it actually hasnt (officially) been released here yet.

It just means that the Irish retailers are not ordering their copies of RB through EA, (because as far as they're concerned, it has only been released in the 3 regions above) but through third parties.
    And because they haven't released it here, they can't/won't deal with complaints from customers in Ireland.

Either way, by the looks of it, I seem to be entitled to a replacement.

And can I re-ask that question: Is the sticker I pointed out above on everyone else here's bundles?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I got the new GH Aerosmith guitar bundle yesterday, didn't even get to play one song as the strum button on it is broke, not only that but the game case was busted and pieces missing from it :mad:

Advertisement