Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RENOVATE, THIS PARTY'S OVER

Options
  • 03-07-2008 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

With the end of the building boom, it brings the end of a lot of peoples dreams of upgrading to a bigger better house or actually building one from scratch. The fact that your house is now worth less than it was last year or the year before is reason enough to stay put. The answer to this dilema is of course to upgrade your existing home. Your house is only worth more or less if you're trying to get rid of it. Extensions and refitting is the way to go.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

:D

business cards at the ready:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭hippychippy

ready and waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Horace

Also it worth remembering if your house is worth less now so too are the ones you are looking to buy the wheel has finally turned to the buyers favour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

and if you are looking to sell and move on, you probably wont get back what you payed for the renovations or extensions in the asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

With the end of the building boom, it brings the end of a lot of peoples dreams of upgrading to a bigger better house or actually building one from scratch.
    BS. Lots of people can now realise their dream of owning their dream home.
    I spoke to a girl today who was moving into a house that she had been gasumpted on last year. The original purchasser took a 40 grand loss on that house which he had only rented for 3 months. He has 2 other houses on the market and has had to sell off shares at a loss to keep the bank off his back. I see this as a recession for the greedy, an opportunity for most of the rest of us.
    Unfortunatly some will suffer unemployment/emigration for those I feel sorry. For those that pushed up the price of houses buying investment homes I feel no pity. For those renters that are paying other peoples second or third mortgage, show your rent book to your bank manager as evidence that you can make regular payments on a small mortgage, and buy some bricks and mortar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

2 stroke wrote: »
    BS. Lots of people can now realise their dream of owning their dream home.
    I spoke to a girl today who was moving into a house that she had been gasumpted on last year. The original purchasser took a 40 grand loss on that house which he had only rented for 3 months. He has 2 other houses on the market and has had to sell off shares at a loss to keep the bank off his back. I see this as a recession for the greedy, an opportunity for most of the rest of us.
    Unfortunatly some will suffer unemployment/emigration for those I feel sorry. For those that pushed up the price of houses buying investment homes I feel no pity. For those renters that are paying other peoples second or third mortgage, show your rent book to your bank manager as evidence that you can make regular payments on a small mortgage, and buy some bricks and mortar.

Some would say that now is still not the time to buy.

But im not one. buy buy buy..

We have gone really slack at work .. only one off houses are being built.

redundancy looming:( scary as hell. family mortgage and all. keepin me up at night.

Advertisement