Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sin Episodes

Options
  • 03-07-2008 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Anyone play this ? saw it going for a tenner and was tempted to pick it up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

yeah its good... although they aren't making any more of them now so its like playing the first half of a game knowing you'll never get to see the ending. Plus even though it says 4 to 5 hours of gameplay, its really not. You'll probably complete it in the time it took you to complete portal

But the game play is solid, the most memorable sequence happening pretty much in the first 10 minutes (anyone whos played it will know what i'm talking about)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

cool I'll pick it up tomorrow so, maybe that and Conflict: Desert Storm II, thats only 3 euro in zavvi dundrum, can't go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

tbh, I didn't like it one bit. When I was playing it, I always had the feeling I was playing a poor fps...maybe that's because I was...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't waste your money, thought it was absolute generic muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Hence the 10 yoyo price tag ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Retr0gamer wrote: »

wha? I thought it had loads of promise, definitely better than HL:Ep1 in my books.

It gets a fairly good metacritic score as well: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/sinepisodesemergence

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I didn't enjoy shooting the same 3 bad guys over and over through some very poorly designed levels. Even the weapons you got were boring with nothing interesting. The dynamic difficulty was also horrendous and horribly broken. The game just kept getting harder and harder until it became nigh on impossible without quicksaves before going back to easy again. I think they fixed that with a patch. Even getting the original sin with it wasn't much of a bonus it just reminded me of how dated it has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I was a big fan of the original and just couldn't get into this. The original had more of an interactive world to play in while this one is just like a HL2 mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I didn't like it much either. From the bit near the start where you meet your partner (it's still kind of a tutorial bit), she tells you to enter the room beside you. The door is locked, so she tells you to break the window. You do, climb in ... and she opens the door and walks in. There were loads of little things that made me feel I was being made jump through hoops for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

The only good thing about this game is it has the original one included...Eps 1 is utter tripe ! and seriously not even worth the 10 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

ahh i enjoyed it & for only 10 euro its grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I liked it, although it's a bit short. I completed it in about 3 days. It's a shame there is no sequels currently in the pipeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Max_Damage wrote: »
    I liked it, although it's a bit short. I completed it in about 3 days. It's a shame there is no sequels currently in the pipeline.

Or ever, probably

Advertisement