Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing is sore!

Options
  • 03-07-2008 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

I got both my lobes pierced 8 days ago and have a titanium ring in each. Theyve been fine for 7 days, I cleaned them and they werent sore.

But! Today since this morning, my right lobe is secreting a sticky substance and unless I twist the ring every 30 seconds, it gets stuck in my lobe. Its also quite sore. I'm cleaning it with TCP and tea tree.

I've no experience with piercings and I'm worried it might be infected or something.

Could anyone with some knowledge give me their opinion?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Tea Tree and TCP stuff will be too harsh for your piercings. Use a li'l bit (pinch) of Sea salt in a cup of boiling water and soak the piercings. If in the shower, give them a really good rinse with warm water. Lay off the movement of the rings as that'll irritate them more. The gooey stuff is normal, its just your body cleaning out the hole in your body(unless the area is really very sore to touch, the goo is green and very smelly). If you're worried, head into the piercers place for a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Floyd Soul

Its not green or smelly so thats good. Its definitely okay to not twist it? I'm just worried that it will stick altogether.

I'll lay off the tcp and start using sea salt so.

Thanks a million for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Maybe get someone else to clean it you might be missing a part without realising.Thats what happened me at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Rather than starting a new thread i've decided to post a question here since it is on the same topic.

As i've said before, i got spider bites done, its about 4 weeks since now, and they dont hurt or anything, but they are still very smelly.
    At first i didnt think very much of it, knowing it would just be my bodies deffences, but as it is four weeks since they have been pierced, i was wondering if i should take them out?

Or do the piecings just generally stay smelly?
    its pretty much the same as the way my lobes smell and i think its the same stuff, but im not sure, hence me asking here.

THANKS
    (:

p.s.
    That was a bit of a mad rant, sorry if its a bit hard to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

its called sebum, body secretes it. they shouldnt really be smelly tbh but your snakebites aren't fully healed yet at 4 weeks. give em another 8 weeks or so and they should settle with any luck. mouthwash and brush your teeth too.

• Advertisement

Nice one man.

Yeah i still use the mouth wash, and of coarse brush my teeth, and i still use the disinfectent stuff i was given to wash the outside of my lip with, so hopefully in time they will get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

just keep cleaning and taking care of it and you should be fine.some things will always smell though.stretched ears for instance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

CianRyan wrote: »
    Nice one man.

Yeah i still use the mouth wash, and of coarse brush my teeth, and i still use the disinfectent stuff i was given to wash the outside of my lip with, so hopefully in time they will get better.

and, as far as i can remember, the mouthwash should be alcohol free for the least irritation...

and, as far as i can remember, the mouthwash should be alcohol free for the least irritation...

well i use the one from metal morphises so it should be alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Floyd Soul, as well as the brilliant advice already on the thread, if you have long hair tie it back. Dirty hair (no offence, all hair is dirty!) brushing off your fresh piercings won't help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement