Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assign Sound to Keypress

Options
  • 03-07-2008 8:23pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Are there any free programs out there that let you assign a wav sound to a certain keystroke (e.g if you press 'G', it might play 'tada.wav'). I know there are payware programs that do this, such as Key Manager Deluxe and Key Sounder, but are there any freeware programs that do the same?

I tried Noisy Keyboard but it doesn't let you assign a sound to individual keys, just certain groups of keys (e.g Letters, Function etc)

Thanks for the help in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I don't have an answer for you but am curious as to what you would use that for?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I don't have any dire need for it, but I was just curious to experiment with making music from the keyboard! (it is actually more common than one would thing)

It is also used by some people to make their typing sound like a typewriter (which is the primary function of the freeware app, NoisyKeyboard, mentioned in the original post), however I think that particular use is a bit unnecessary and pointless.

So basically it is just for some experimentation!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I don't have any dire need for it, but I was just curious to experiment with making music from the keyboard! (it is actually more common than one would thing)

It is also used by some people to make their typing sound like a typewriter (which is the primary function of the freeware app, NoisyKeyboard, mentioned in the original post), however I think that particular use is a bit unnecessary and pointless.

So basically it is just for some experimentation!! :)

Yep, I'm sure there are good uses for it, I just couldn't think of one :)

I wonder if it could be useful for the visually impaired?

Anyway, while you're waiting for a more productive reply to your original question you can make your own one man band with this ;)

Create a one-man band
    http://www.vistanews.com/8WOCVT/080703-One-Man-Band

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement