Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where are all the L plated cars?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

Now that this law is enforced. Does a provisional driver driving with a fully linenced driver have to be with a fully licenced driver who has their full licence over 2 years.

I got my full licence 3 months ago. My brother is on a provisional, can he drive with me in the car with him?

Strictly speaking its against the law but its certainly better than him having no one with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

Perhaps the prospects of detection and a €2k fine are simply not a problem for you? (you've mentioned your new Golf was a gift and a new M5 in the family).

In that case maybe it'd be no harm if you were caught several times? :rolleyes:

FFS are you serious? Think before you post, then you mightn't sound like such a whiney begrudger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

3/. An appointment to do a test (which you may fail?) and taking care mean nothing. You are deliberately breaking the law.

I certainly hope you've never broken the law so...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

CM21 wrote: »
    Strictly speaking its against the law but its certainly better than him having no one with him.
    Not legal, and unlikely to get your brother through a checkpoint. You would have to meet a very sympathetic Garda.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

NiSmO wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

lol awsoem!

i can't stand the touchy feely 'safety culture' in this forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement