Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Urgent!!! Cannot find car registration

Options
  • 03-07-2008 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I paid deposit on a car today and my car is to be traded in against it tomorrow morning but I cannot for the life of me find my car registration for the current car. What can I do if I cant find it? Is there any other way to trade in the car?

Please help, I have to do the deal tomorrow as Im heading away...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

It should be on the front of the car, usually held in with two screws.

Simmilar to the rear.

Edit;
    I think if you properly cant find it you'll have to phone shannon and ask for duplicate document usually costs about 12 buns.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

You can surely get the car registration (Is that the car ownership thingy)? from your local council office for a minor fee and send it on to him. I just bought a car and am awaiting on mine as the dealer sent it off. I wouldn't sweat it too much. But that said I could be talking bollix. Im sure some posters in the trade will be all over me if I am wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Yead its the change of ownership form that I cannot find... anyone in the trade know if the garage will have a problem with this?

You can get it replaced by the council mate. Handing over the keys is a pretty strong signal of change of ownership. If there is a delay in the paperwork, most dealers wouldnt compromise their earnings for the sake of waiting a few weeks.
    Call the guy in the morning and find out what he is willing to do.
    Maybe after you find out how long it will take to replace the registration.

Ok Il ring them tomorrow and see what the story is, I hope to god this doesnt stop deal going through.

• Advertisement

Anyone from trade around? When this happens what is the garages normal procedure?

Never mind that son.
    Check under the passenger seat.
    I just found 50 quid there.

:)

I wonder if I get a RF134 and get it stamped by gardai will that be enough for the garage?
    is AudiChris around?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Relax. Breathe deep.

Order the replacement from Shannon and it will come in a few days.

Your dealer will be happy to take your bobs and your car and just tell him that you've lost the form - if you want give him a copy of your insurance which shows your name and address and car-reg (yes I know it's not an ownership doc but you're just trying to establish a connection to the car).

If he gets odd then say so long and thanks for the fish. Storm off and see what happens...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Never mind that son.
    Check under the passenger seat.
    I just found 50 quid there.

eh that was mine. I left that there !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Garage will use an RF105 to transfer ownership to a dealer.

I'd normally ask the customer to complete the RF105 and to apply for the replacement VLC and send it to me when they get it.

Important thing for you is that you're sure the ownership is changed so that you're not liable for penalty points etc.

Hi All, thanks for all replies, got the car and traded mine in no problems, the garage informed me that now they can do it online, was suitably impressed.

nice one. Whats the new motor?

Got a 04 new model Volvo S40 se 1.8, enjoyed my commute for the first time in ages :D

Advertisement