Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guilt Food ???

Options
  • 03-07-2008 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭

I have a kinda strange relationship with food and my weight....

At the moment, Im trying to loose a few pounds to look good in my bikini for my hols coming up, so am conscious of what i am eating/drinking..

An e.g. of my weird food thing being...the other night I'm in the pub enjoying a 'fair' few beers and Im peckish! So.. I have a pkt of salted peanuts, like a tiny packet, and I relish them, but, afterwards am beratting myself for having them. WTF?... I have consumed ridiculous amounts of beer laden with calories and Im fixated on the friggin peanuts.. For some reason, I dont associate liquid with calories...:confused:

Also white bread... I could have a fresh cod and chips and if I have a slice of White bread with it I feel guilty as hell cos of the bread... White bread is bad..:eek:

Cheese I could eat till it came out of my ears and it wouldn't cost me a thought cos its Dairy! and I was raised to think dairy is good so its kerrygold all the way for me, none of this low low shit... These are probably the worst things I could be eating...

Does anyone else have a particular food / drink they consume, that consumes them with guilt????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Stef1979

when I get a choc fix it has to be maltesers...not the standard size....noooo...I have to buy the big bag u get in Xtravision even though I know im just going to pig on it and feel crap afterwards...even as I walk through the shop pick up the bag and buy it im telling myself no dont do it its not worth it but I dont seem to be able to control myself...then I eat them...feel crap and fat....everytime.....:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You had to mention Kerrygold? Now I'm craving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Stef1979 wrote: »
    when I get a choc fix it has to be maltesers...not the standard size....noooo...I have to buy the big bag u get in Xtravision even though I know im just going to pig on it and feel crap afterwards...even as I walk through the shop pick up the bag and buy it im telling myself no dont do it its not worth it but I dont seem to be able to control myself...then I eat them...feel crap and fat....everytime.....:mad:

Noooo, its ok - they are maltesers, they are light and fluffy and have no calories:D
    You had to mention Kerrygold? Now I'm craving it!

Oh yeh, Kerrygold... Its the best goddamn butter there is... A chip butty dripping with Kerrygold.. better than sex.. Oh Sorry, blue you obviously cant get it where you are, now I'm really teasing you...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Hagen Daz/Ben and Jerry's, I just had some :(

WHY???

Ehh no. The purpose of food is to make me feel good. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Yeh but if I ate the foods that made me feel good, I'd be in a whole lot of trouble...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Stef1979

Noooo, its ok - they are maltesers, they are light and fluffy and have no calories:D

i wish....:( :pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement