Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daniel Alves moves to barca

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/kind=1/newsid=730016.html

daniel alves moves to barcelona....

this will put an end to all the links with the big 4.

This not old news? I'm sure this was confirmed before Euro 2008, great signing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/kind=1/newsid=730016.html

daniel alves moves to barcelona....

this will put an end to all the links with the big 4.

deal was actaully done and announced before the euros, think it was just made official there today or yesterday

Wow, a time machine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I didn't know bout it, thanks for posting

In fairness the deal was only registered yesterday, same with Piqué who was also unveiled today, but it has been wrapped up for weeks. Good signing for Barca.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

dont mind em Vincenzo, the deal has only just been made official now.

window only opened on monday. you're dead right to post this info.

alves is more suited to playing in Spain than England, so its a good move for him.

i feel the same way about Daniel Alves as Noel Gallagher does about Tim Cahill;
    "I would love to kick him right in the bollocks, He has just got one of those faces. Don't you find his face really slappable?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It's been common knowledge that he was signing with them for weeks, doesn't matter that it was only registered yesterday, majority of people on soccerforums would have known this....just like the Pique deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

kmart6 wrote: »
    just like the Pique deal!

Pique left? :eek:

Pique left? :eek:
    *tumbleweed*

• Advertisement

OP dont mind us havin a bit of banter. Like I already said, only registered yesterday, Thanks for posting and doon't let the light ribbing scare u off posting again.

Neil1984 Counsellor to the Soccer Forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Cheers mate, didn't know about this....

Neil1984 Counsellor to the Soccer Forum

Well at least he's makin a good conrtibution to the forum, dont want him decidin not to post again cos he got flamed for starting something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

SantryRed wrote: »
    Good signing for Barca, just there kind of player. Only found out after this thread.

Would you ever stop being an arsehole?
    +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Never liked him, just adds to Barca's big names that won't perform.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Never liked him, just adds to Barca's big names that won't perform.

?

barca have made some fine signings so far this summer and are shipping out alot of the egos and underperfomers. ive got high hopes for next season.

cant wait to see alves on the right with messi, will be doing well if he can replicate his partnership with navas

Well at least he's makin a good conrtibution to the forum, dont want him decidin not to post again cos he got flamed for starting something?
    Posting day old news isn't exactly a good contribution when the whole soccer world knew that that deal has been in place for ages, which had been talked about around here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Posting day old news isn't exactly a good contribution when the whole soccer world knew that that deal has been in place for ages, which had been talked about around here!

The deal went through today so he had every right to post it in here considering it wasn't already in a topic!
    He's also the most expensive right-back in the world now.

If you have nothing to say about the deal then get the f**k out of this thread.

Thanks.

:rolleyes: FFS what is your problem? Give the guy a break. It wasnt discussed in any depth in the La Liga thread and there was no previous thread dedicated to it. And he basically posted it on the day it happened. It was discussed in the United thread, ever consider the possibility that the OP doesnt support United?? Its not a troll thread, and its actually soccer related rather than some of the rubbish that gets started here.

What about if Ronaldo goes to Madrid? Should we not discuss it cos by your logic its been discussed already? You'll probably be rushing on here hoping to start the thread on it if that happens so cop the fook on and stop moanin. Generally if I dont like a thread i move along to the next one, lifes too short. Leave this one to people who wanna talk about Alves.

Re Alves. If he can learn the finer points of defending, then Barca will have as dangerous a right side as any in the world United included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

el rabitos wrote: »
    ?

barca have made some fine signings so far this summer and are shipping out a lot of the egos and underperfomers. ive got high hopes for next season.

cant wait to see alves on the right with messi, will be doing well if he can replicate his partnership with navas

+ 1

The signings so far of Alves, Keita, Pique and Caceres have been very good IMO.

I see Barca for the next few years have a good young team with lots of energy mixed with the few more experienced heads who are by no means over the hill.

Savage potential lineups and good competition for places:

Valdes

Alves/Zambrotta --- Puyol/Marquez --- Milito/Pique --- Abidal/Sylvinho

Iniesta
    Yaya Toure/Keita
    Xavi

Messi/Bojan
    Eto'o
    Henry/Ronaldinho*

* I reckon Ronaldinho will go before the season starts though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Dave! wrote: »
    I didn't know bout it, thanks for posting
    Frisbee wrote: »
    Cheers mate, didn't know about this....

just cos you knew about it, doesnt give you authority on the whole soccer forum or indeed world.

if you dont agree with the thread, dont reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,850 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Was the Pique fee ever released?
    event wrote: »
    just cos you knew about it, doesnt give you authority on the whole soccer forum or indeed world.

if you dont agree with the thread, dont reply.

well said boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

+ 1

I see Barca for the next few years have a good young team with lots of energy mixed with the few more experienced heads who are by no means over the hill.

Valdes

Iniesta
    Yaya Toure/Keita
    Xavi

Messi/Bojan
    Eto'o
    Henry/Ronaldinho*

Zambrotta has signed for Milan btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

+ 1

Valdes

Iniesta
    Yaya Toure/Keita
    Xavi

Messi/Bojan
    Eto'o
    Henry/Ronaldinho*

Zambrotta is gone to Milan unfortunately... Puyol and Cacares can quite easily slot in on the right hand side as well as being central defenders... Fali might be promoted from the B team also... And with the probable signing of Hernanes he'll be a great option on the attacking midfielder front... There's plenty of options for a 4-3-3, 4-4-2 or even Peps favoured 3-4-3....

eZe^ wrote: »
    Zambrotta is gone to Milan unfortunately...

slightly off topic but do you think losing Zambrotta was a bad move? his pace is definitely going imo and i think he'll struggle to reach the level he peaked at in 2006 again. i thought getting 9million or so for a 31 year old was a solid piece of business. considering the wages he commands he wasn't going to be worth keeping around as a squad player.

another question: are Barca going to do anything about the klutz that is Abidal? he's still their weakest link imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

zeusnero wrote: »
    Zambrotta has signed for Milan btw

Hadn't heard that he'd left... All the more important that alves signed so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I was under the impression Yaya wasn't in Gurdeilos plans?

PHB wrote: »

There's talk he MAY go to l'Arse but so far as far as anyone knows he's still there. The rumour is that he's surplus to requirements though hence the signature of Keita.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »

Guardiola. you should know better PHB!

i haven't heard anything as regards to the above. would be a very strange of him to do so imo. He was definitely one of the better stories of the year for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Few things.

Who do Sevilla have lined up as a replacmet?

Zambrotta is bad signing for Milan. Just adds to the old folks in the team already. We seen last season he's clearly past his best.

Kieta is a great signing for Barca was really impressed with him last season. He's solid in midfield & has one hell of a shot on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Great signing for Barcelona, the problem last year with Barcelona was the lack of width. Messi drifted into the centre too often, Iniesta is simply not a winger and the full-backs didn't get forward enough. It meant lots of neat passing and controlling the game, but feck all real penetration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

slightly off topic but do you think losing Zambrotta was a bad move? his pace is definitely going imo and i think he'll struggle to reach the level he peaked at in 2006 again. i thought getting 9million or so for a 31 year old was a solid piece of business. considering the wages he commands he wasn't going to be worth keeping around as a squad player.

another question: are Barca going to do anything about the klutz that is Abidal? he's still their weakest link imo.

Well, I actually thought that Zambrotta was one of Barca's better players last season... He has never reached the heights he had at Juve and for Italy, but he was always one of the more solid consistent players in the defense.. I guess Im not that gutted about him leaving, because there is a nice wealth of youthful defenders now that will hopefully take us into another sucessful era in our clubs history...

People forget that before Christmas, Abidal was one of the highest rated LB's in the world, he played very well for us for a couple of months... But he has just capitulated recently, Im hoping the competition for places will now serve as a slap in the face for the lad and he'll regain some of his past form...

Dani Alves and Messi on the right hand side could potentially be one of the most potent sides the world has ever seen, with Messi's devastating inside runs, and Alves' running up and down like a kangaroo on steroids, I'm slowly gaining more and more confidence for the upcoming season. Considering I was expecting it to take 2 or more seasons for us to properly challenge I'm glad most of the pessimism is being eradicated by shrewd decisions by Laporta/ Txiki/ Guardiola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

Thanks for the positive posts.

I thought this was worth saying as it is the biggest transfer of the summer so far, It is a statement of real intent by barca that they have looked at where they are weak and put in something special. there was a raft of premiership teams linked with this guy, and until the contract is signed there was always a chance of it falling through, and anyway, ffs, is interesting soccer news.

Anyway, I am interested in seeing how barca are set up next season, with messi going to the Olympics, Henry will need to be on top form at the start.

Anyway, I am interested in seeing how barca are set up next season, with messi going to the Olympics, Henry will need to be on top form at the start.

i'd like to think there will be alot more responsibility for bojan. i'd be interested to see how he performs in the central striker role when the team is built to cater to him. he's still lightweight but this could be a great year for him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement