Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Broadband question

Options
  • 03-07-2008 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think they have outsourced the installs so it may depend on how busy they are at the moment. I would say it would be fairly quick though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

10-14 days is the norm. Sometimes less. In my case it, was about 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Was two weeks for us although we changed to their phone package aswell so we had to wait for Eircom to get off their arse and change things in the local exchange.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Achilles wrote: »
    Was two weeks for us although we changed to their phone package aswell so we had to wait for Eircom to get off their arse and change things in the local exchange.

Changing the phone package has nothing got to do with it. When you change to Smart your line has to be changed over to their equipment in the local exchange.

That's right I forgot, Smart are one of the only few who are unbundling the local exchanges. My mistake... anyways regardless the change from eircom to smart took a little over two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Iorana

I am planning to switch from eircom to smart next week. I have loaded an order online with smart. Do I have to ring ericom also to cancel my acc with them or will smart take care of everything themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No need to contact eircom, unless you already have DSL broadband on that phone line. If you don't, then happy days.

jor el wrote: »
    No need to contact eircom, unless you already have DSL broadband on that phone line. If you don't, then happy days.

Aye, just make sure you have your Eircom UAN ready and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Iorana

Thanks a lot.
    I just have a phone line, got it last week only to get smart later.

Advertisement