Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did you say 'I love you'??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Jules wrote: »
    I think if i was your wife i would have gotten to you first!

awww :o

You're so cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I know, if only i could pull your hair then i know it would be love!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Jules wrote: »
    I know, if only i could pull your hair then i know it would be love!

I hate you.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Ok ok enough of the banter back on topic. With less of the comments about other users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

ohh, he said it to me after 2 months, well we were together a month and had been seeing each other a month previous. i just didnt say anything!!! it was actually quite sad! :O but i said it the following week, and explained why i was quite!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

My OH told me 3 months in but had wanted to tell me before that. Apparently I kinda ruined it when we were in Paris by saying "god it's so cheesy telling people you love them under the Eiffel Tower".. he had thought about doing it... I love cheesy-lovey-ness!!

So instead of January it was February, I'd felt it for a long long time as we'd been friends and had seen each other when we were younger and I always knew there was something different about the way I felt about him even compared to my 2 and a half year boyfriend!

He knew I'd been very hurt form my last relationship and said that he didn't want me to say it back to him if I wasn't ready or I didn't feel it.And then like a big gimp I started crying and then told him I love him too.Aww:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

It was about 2 months in i told my ex "i like you".
    Another month, it became "i love you".
    Another month, we were officially in a relationship!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Slightly pissed....up against the wardrobe in my bedroom....we both said it almost simultaneously after a bit of hesitation.

We were together about two months at that stage and both of us had wanted to say it sooner but were worried that we might put the other off by revealing or feelings too soon!

We were together for three years and it was a fantastic relationship.

We're broken up 18months now but still are the best of friends; we decided we had been through too much to lose the friendship.

Ithink you just know when its right to say it; it is overused tho; but very special when you really mean it. Above is a moment i will cherish for the rest of my days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

i think i said it after 7 months to my o/h. he said it to me 5 months after that to say it to me but i didnt' really feel it. so to me when he said it was 7 months after that. he ain't a man of many words but i know he loves me deeply:)

I really was sure but saying it felt so scary like its not just a statement
    Its a declaration of love.. and with that comes a future and plans etc
    Well it does with me as Love isn't something I take lightly
    We were together 7 months and were both said it together
    We say it probably too much now but I never stop meaning it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

heh, we were such good mates first, that we'd been saying it before we actually copped that we fancied each other!

i do recall very clearly though, the first time he used the words 'true love'. absolutely no idea how long it took though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Curio

Hmmm. He said it after 7 months.... I havent said it yet....a further 15 months later. Methinks there is a problem...

Before you judge however, I do love him. Not sure why I havent said it, but as a wild guess, I suppose I must have some 'issues' ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

It was a long time before I said it.. I don't use the term lightly and had to be sure...

My last gf said it to me when she was hammered, I didnt say it back, we broke up a month later....its over used nowadays IMO. I think some people THINK theyre in love and can grow into it (this happened me and I realised that when Id first said it that I wasnt anywhere near "in love" as when I actually was "in love" it was much much stronger). Out of love now mind, it can go away as quickly so enjoy it!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

"I love you"
    "Really?"
    "Yeah"
    "Oh...thanks"

I felt really mean saying that :(

One week later I said it back though so it was all good :)

That was about 2 months in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I think some people THINK theyre in love and can grow into it (this happened me and I realised that when Id first said it that I wasnt anywhere near "in love" as when I actually was "in love" it was much much stronger).

Agreed.

I was in the same boat with my first g/f. Just infatuated.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Piste wrote: »
    "I love you"
    "Really?"
    "Yeah"
    "Oh...thanks"

This is the way my conversation went with an ex about 5 or 6 years ago:

Ex: "I've fallen for you"
    Me: "Have you?"
    Ex: "Really? I love you too!"
    Me: "...."

I never told him he was actually the first one to say it but it didn't really matter after that anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

10 months! :pac: Together 87 months now though! :(:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

After being "in love" twice, I think there must be different kinds of love, because they both felt different, very different.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    After being "in love" twice, I think there must be different kinds of love, because they both felt different, very different.

How so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

One was more passionate/first love crap, other was comfort/friendship first kind of love. I'm young though, maybe neither of them were actually love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Mine's quite hilarious...

with my ex, we were uhm 'busy' and in the heat of the moment i blurted out 'i love you', what i meant to say was 'i love fúcking you'
    hahaha, i told her straight after and she just laughed which suited me fine.

ive never said it since to a girl

Meh I'm much older and I know I don't know what love is. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

1st time i was in love it was only after bout a month but it felt right. with my current bf 3 mths i think, love him to bits. Think it all depends on the person and situation really.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think it was about 2 or 3 weeks in :o I know it was very soon, but we're still together (it's our 5th anniversary in two weeks) and I love him more than ever. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Toots85 wrote: »
    I think it was about 2 or 3 weeks in :o I know it was very soon, but we're still together (it's our 5th anniversary in two weeks) and I love him more than ever. :D
    That is so sweet, I love to see people in love...

As I said before I dont remember when I first said it but I say it to him all the time now...just looking at him, he is in the chair beside me and he is the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen in my life. He just got me a bag as I just got sick and was asking me how I was.

Are you not well Cathy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Are you not well Cathy?
    Just the usual - I ate too much (not being a pig, I just cant eat that much)! Will be fine, thanks...

Shane was just making sure that I was OK after getting sick, now that is what I call true love! would not worry if someone did not say that they loved me if they so obviously acted like they did - like the song "more than words".

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think that's when you know you really care about someone too....when they're getting sick and you hold their hair, help them clean themselves up, and give them a cuddle after to make them feel better rather than just going 'Ewwwww puke!!!' and running away! I'm absolutely no good with puke, anything else I can handle, just not people getting sick.

One night when my OH was sick I sat with him and held his hair etc, and all I could think was 'I want him to be ok', so sitting there on the bathroom floor I had one of those moments when I thought 'Yup, he's the one' :p

Well....that's one to tell the grandkids..... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 sharonann

LOL fair play to you all!!!!!

Advertisement