Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speeding - Good, Better and Best

• 03-07-2008 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

GOOD: Wexford: Garda Traffic Corps had a perfect spot to watch for speeders, but weren't getting many. Then they discovered the problem - a 12-year-old boy was standing up the road with a hand painted sign, which read SPEED TRAP AHEAD'. The garda also found the boy had an accomplice who was down the road with a sign reading 'TIPS' and a bucket full of money (And we used to just sell strawberries!)

BETTER: A motorist was mailed a photo of his car speeding through an automated speed check on the N4. A €80 speeding ticket was included. Being cute, he sent the gardai a photo of €80. The Gardai responded with another mailed photo of handcuffs.

BEST: A Young woman was pulled over for speeding. A Traffic Corps Garda walked to her car window, flipping open his ticket book, she said, 'I bet you are going to sell me a ticket to the Garda Traffic Department Ball.' He replied, 'The Garda Traffic Department don't have balls.....'

There was a moment of silence. He then closed his book, got back in his patrol car and left.

Gotta love it :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

Heard the one about the Kerry Garda that lost his arm in the helicopter rotars? He tried to put the siren on the roof! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Recruits' (hey what can i say, i'm old school!) first charge sheet in court. Gives evidence of arrest, charge & caution, as practiced a dozen times, and waits for an appreciative sharp intake of breath from the judge and soliciors.
    Judge asks wearily, "So what's your application, guard?" "Oh, Six months, Judge!"
    An oldie, bt a goodie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Heard the one about the Kerry Garda that lost his arm in the helicopter rotars? He tried to put the siren on the roof! :D

Boo-urns

Oi your the one who claims to have experience!!! Blue light goes on the roof, siren goes in by the radiator

(speaking of that in the romeo district one of the patrol cars has holes drilled in the centre of the lightbar, suggesting the siren is in there, which we removed from the jeeps as it deafened the driver :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

An old poster that was hanging in my dad's station back in the 1980's for something like being aware of crime and criminals and such. Anyway had an old guard pointing the finger as the reader just like in the English war posters of WW2 and it went:

"Be alert, your country needs lerts"

I thought it was the funniest thing I eversaw.

Ok but I was kid :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭metman

I found West Mercia Police force's old slogan very amusing:

"West Mercia Police, call someone who cares."

Needless to say they had to change it once some bright spark realised it didn't give out quite the right message ......:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I remember the old sign that used to be over the Traffic Office at our station,

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much for so long with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything and everything, with nothing"

Quite fitting, I still think!

Advertisement