Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piston Head O-Ring

Options
  • 03-07-2008 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I bought an element piston head for my V2 gearbox and notice that the o-ring is very loose, is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

it normal that it can be a bit loose as it needs to fill the cylinder and stop air getting by, if you want, you could try swap it for a differant o-ring and see if it makes it better or worse.
    Woodies or atlantic or any of those places have tonnes of o-rings cheap.

(Note : Changing the O-ring will affect FPS up or down depending on the O-Ring used)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

If its a vented head its supposed to be loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Thanks guys for the replies. Ya it is a vented piston head.
    The thing that concernes me is that with the stock piston head attached, the airseal seems much better, as its hard to push it through the cylinder whilst blocking the nozzle, while the new one doesn't seem to have an airseal at all.

Advertisement