Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC - opinions please

Options
  • 03-07-2008 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi, I was thinking of starting a 'mini grind school' on sat mornings - 2 subjects (HL) in Home Ec and Biology - with an emphasis on exam questions, exam techniques and how to maximise marks, as I feel there are lots of students who know lots, but don't have the right approach to exams, possibly because of large classes and limited timetabling. I was thinking of 8 people per class, duration 1.5 hours at a cost of €25 euro per class - three 6 week sessions during year with a free Easter class for anyone who takes all 3 courses - just want to know, is this a good idea, what do you think of cost and in general, would appreciate your advice. (I am living in a small town - not in Dublin)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

1. Are you a qualified teacher in those subjects?

If you are then yes, I would say it's a good idea. Hop to it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

sounds a bit expensive! i would recommend 15 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭torregolf

thanks, need to get this feedback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

when are you thinking of setting it up? summer is a bit early imo.

yeah have to agree with other poster, 8 seems a bit big for that price, how about six people, have 3 tables in a row. ( i used to go to maths grinds four people 20 euro an hour) Perhaps if you lower the price to 20, then more people might want to do it. And it could be an idea to have a few classes on a saturday eg 3 classes of 6.

timing is a good idea with the questions my eng teach done it was a real good help.

good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

15-20 yoyos MAX.

Economic doom and gloom.

I learned something in that class :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement