Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Leaving Cert nightmares?!

Options
  • 03-07-2008 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

I've heard a lot of people have been having LC-related nightmares during and after the exams. I've had a couple myself, one where I was trying to write my exam number on the booklet and I couldn't remember it and the number on the desk kept changing! And another where it was results day and I got Ds and Fs in everything. :( :pac:

Anyone else suffering?! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I get "oh crap I have to wake up early tomorrow" nightmares, but I've always gotten them on all summer holidays.

It's a horrible affliction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Parsley wrote: »
    I've heard a lot of people have been having LC-related nightmares during and after the exams. I've had a couple myself, one where I was trying to write my exam number on the booklet and I couldn't remember it and the number on the desk kept changing! And another where it was results day and I got Ds and Fs in everything. :( :pac:

Anyone else suffering?! :eek:

I have at least one of those a week, and have done since I did my leaving.

16 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

My dad keeps telling me to go up and do some study and for a second I believe him.

Its been 3 weeks now and I still feel like I should be doing some study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I woke up a few weeks ago thinking I was late for my English exam.
    (Which I was, having done it last year)

My Mam says she still has nightmares about going into an exam and not having a clue of the answers. Happens to her when she's stressed, apparently :pac:

Yep, I get them now and again. Same with college exams, although I get more college exam dreams than LC dreams at the moment.

Finished my LC in 2002, college in 2007.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

I always have nightmares about business subjects for some reason :( argh.. they're still hunting me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anna.fun

Nightmares:D

no.. I never had any nightmares about the LC... somehow I can say that I wasn't increasingly stressed out about the LC anyway... couldn't understand how anyone could be scared of doing the LC... it's easy enuf (compared to college exams)... when you start to study for the exams in febuary it's early enough and you don't have to spend all may over the books..

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

I've had two this week. In one I got my results and failed everything. In another I was studying for economics, and panicking because I knew nothing (I didn't do economics).

I was talking to my grandmother the other day and she was talking about how she'd had her "usual" dream of sitting the Leaving Cert and not knowing anything.

She's 92.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smudge_pot

I dreamt that I got 222 points D:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

gaybitch wrote: »
    I've had two this week. In one I got my results and failed everything. In another I was studying for economics, and panicking because I knew nothing (I didn't do economics).

I was talking to my grandmother the other day and she was talking about how she'd had her "usual" dream of sitting the Leaving Cert and not knowing anything.

She's 92.

A mature student? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Jaysus. I've almost completely forgotten about it by now. Talk about post traumatic stress like, for some people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Any time I do forget about it, it's only ten minutes before somebody goes 'oh yeah, you just did the leaving yeah? how'd it go?' :rolleyes:

Had a dream there last week about the day we get the results...I'll leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mr. Blah

I had one not too long ago :P
    It was results day and all the 6th years went to our school (which was actually a castle? o.o). Then when I got my results I missed out on my place by a few marks because I got a D in my best subject (Art). I went round to the Art students and everyone did crap!
    We all decided to go talk to our guidance councellor about getting our results checked over - so we went to see her.... in her 'chambers' LOL!
    I was the last in the queue and when it was my turn I was told it was too late and all the current results had to be the final ones because they ran out of time rechecking everyone elses papers! :(

And then I woke up and realised what a load of sh*t I had been dreaming :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I've dreamt twice I failed maths and I'm inconsolable! Thankfully it hasn't happened recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I posted about this on my blog and forgot to mention it on here. I dreamt I got an A3 in English and then told my teacher how disappointed I was with it.

An A3?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭scholes19

Jebus you do take every opportunity Merko! haha
    I repeated after messing up m cao last time, kinda worried that i wont beat my 375 from last year! The heat is on!Away for results so im gonna blank them out even if i exceed my expectations:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I should never have read this thread - I had one the other night!!

It was really strange, because I had a student card and a printed timetable (which you need to bring with you for college exams) Anyway the LC English exam was about to start and I was tearing through my bag trying to find the timetable, because apparently I couldn't do my exam without it.

I had with me a calculator and a ruler (for ENGLISH :confused:), a big bag of Revels and a MASSIVE bottle of Orange juice!! I was trying to balance all these while looking for the timetable.

My old Irish teacher was standing at the door wearing a huge pair of sunglasses and telling me to come on and hurry up!
    Anyway in the midst of the frenzied search, I suddenly woke up. Paused. Thought about timetables. Paused again. Then just went "ugh" and fell asleep again. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭somethingwitty

I dreamt that I was doing my french oral and every time she asked me something in French, I answered I correctly and she just shook he head and said no, and kept doing this everytime she asked me something!!!!
    Then I got an E and I was very upset!!!
    True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I had one last night. A dream that I was going in to get my results, and I was so scared in my dream that I woke up before I even got them....and I couldn't sleep after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

AH JEEEEEEESUS!! WHERES ME CALCULATOR! and stuff like that, but they seem to have gone away now. Dreaming about the normal weird rubbish now.

Dreams freak me out though, it's like "Ah there's my house. There's a wall missing. That's grand sure" and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I'm still dreaming about my leaving Cert! Did it last year and I wake up sometimes thinking it's all starting again and I can't remember anything!

But then I remember I did i already and never have to face it again......good riddance!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

I didnt have any nightmares before or during the exams but since ive finished ive had 2 or 3! Mainly I deam I have forgotten I've still got one exam left and im late for it and unprepared!

Havent had one in a couple of weeks tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

I've only started having them this week..

The first one i got 335 and i was so upset cause the minimum i want is 345..

The second, i forgot to turn over my bio paper and do the long questions...

Both made me wake up panicing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 whyohwhy

congrats to u all hope u did well..ive a son doing leaving cert this yr jeez lol help

Advertisement