Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New road safety radio ad sexist??

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

smccarrick wrote: »
    The advertisement in no means addresses the fact that their statistics are looking at a specific high risk age group.
    Hang on, that is exactly the point of the ad.
    It does stigmatise male drivers in general- when the statistics (from the RSA) clearly show that if you look at other age groups the percentage of accidents caused by women actually trend massively upwards vastly exceeding those of men- but of course its politically incorrect to say this........
    You quoted my post, did you read it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Victor wrote: »
    Hang on, that is exactly the point of the ad.

You quoted my post, did you read it?

Sorry- I went off and was reading crap on the RSA website and went on a bit of a rant when I realised their selective usage of stats....... I got a bit peeved when I copped that they didn't even realise themselves what they were doing......

As Winston Churchill once put it- Lies, Lies and damn statistics...........

Advertisement