Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dogs keep each other awake.

Options
  • 04-07-2008 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Its not really a problem but now that the mild (if wet) weather has arrived my three dogs are allowed to go outside if they wish. Its a freedom they usually take full advantage of but the problem is that if one is active and jumping about the place the others have to do the same.

The net result is my dogs can be heard sprinting around outside at 3am.

... so they get no sleep - I assume.

OK Ill go to bed myself now - its been a long day. :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

My cat & dog get like that some nights.

They get along great (thank god) and some nights when Sammy (the cat) gets bored she teases Jericho into chasing her, and since both live inside the place gets a good ol' trashing!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

I have a hyper collie and a quiet grey hound separated at night the collie won't stop barking and the gray hound howls the house down, together one barkers if the cats make noise upstairs and one barks at any passing cats and foxes If one really go's of on one even if they are not sure why he'll join in anyway.(they are both rescue and came in around the same time under abusive circumstances) With a new baby one side of me and sick elderly on the other I slept on the coach which made it worse they did it to get my attention. With no sleep and complaints from neighboursstop My I as desperate to get them to stop:eek::eek::eek::eek:My mother woke me one night and told me to stop tapping on the floor as the dogs had gone asleep and I as tapping a way in mine. So I tryed loads of things to do with tapping and found the solution.:pac: Every night before they are put to bed they are each hugged told they are good boys and told shhhhh! quiet go to sleep and I tap a redeem on the door and tell them quiet again then turn out the lights and head for bed myself, If jurying the night they start barking I just tap the redeem on the floor and they go right back to sleep.????
    It tuck about a week of saying shhhhh! quiet go to sleep and tapping the redeem at the same time to get them to connect that it meant the same thing. And I've slept happily ever after since.

Try tapping on the kitchen door window at the same time as telling them to be quiet each night before you go to bed and if they bark at night tap it on the bedroom window will take a while but hopefully it will work for you as well. Don't forget to put them into a routine as well and only ever use one redeem for tapping. Not sure why it worked for me don't care either at least I'm getting some sleep.

Advertisement