Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get cutting discs for Dremel

Options
  • 04-07-2008 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get some little cutting discs for a dremel in Dublin city centre?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

maplin on jervis street or McQuinlins on Capel street.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Cheers vtec

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Lidl/Aldi (Cant remember which one) Also had them recently, not Dremel brand ones, but ones that would fit. They might still have them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The dremel itself is a bit crap, no cheaper than in maplins, and I don't think they sell the heads separately.

This is one of those things where its worth not getting in lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Not sure about the tool itself they have in maplins, the one I have is from Maplin too, still using the spare cutting discs and such that came with it, so cant comment on the lidl/aldi ones either.

• Advertisement

The Aldi/Lidl ones are probably fine but I just need some of the cutting discs because I used my last one yesterday and I've a stock to mod!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the maplin ones are ok( rotacraft i think) but one of them i have went a bit weird and the variable speed switch had a mind of its own., i have another cheapo one i got in lidl a few years ago and its perfect. also have the real dremel from a few years ago and its aint any better than the lidl one., :)

you can get the whole multypack of accessories from maplin for about 15-20quid.,

vtec wrote: »
    you can get the whole multypack of accessories from maplin for about 15-20quid.,

Perfect! Was hoping it would be around that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The head on my lidl dremel started to vibrate when used, it made it awful try to drill a small hole or cut properly.

It just shook itself loose I suppose.

Advertisement