Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest feed in Galway

Options
  • 04-07-2008 12:27am

So I decided to pop into Riordans recently after so many boards users recommending it to me. Thought the light lunch was a fantastic price - 6 euro for soup, sandwich, side-salad and tea.

anywhere else that would offer a good feed for cheap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Lynch's on Shop Street is good value. Or get a take away sambo from McCambridges - ask for extra and they will lash it in. A ciabata with ham, egg, lettuce, tomato etc is €3.80. Yummmmmyyyyyyy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

what about mc donalds eurosaver menu :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

ErnieBert wrote: »
    . Or get a take away sambo from McCambridges - ask for extra and they will lash it in. A ciabata with ham, egg, lettuce, tomato etc is €3.80. Yummmmmyyyyyyy.

This is the best suggestion right here

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That there new Indian on Middle street. All you can eat for €10.
    Actually a sandwich in McCambridges is the best suggestion so far imo, bread, meat and vegetables. And an orange juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

McCambridges is always packed though.
    Do they do pre-made sambos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

The Home Plate on Mary Street does a massive burger with chip/potato things for 6.95. Its so so so so good!

Also, Busker Brownes does a huge side salad for cheap (i think it was 2.50) and if you get that with fries its still under 6 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

McDonaghs.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

po0k wrote: »
    McCambridges is always packed though.
    Do they do pre-made sambos?
    Don't think so. I' try to go a little earlier/later than the lunch crowd so usually don't wait too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Throwing my hat in for O'Riordans, I'm a whore for their club sandwich :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    what about mc donalds eurosaver menu :p

50c chips in Scutters!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

McCambridges is great, Just go back and get a breakfast in Riordans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭turf

****y food but nice.. kebab house next to roisin. 5quid i think for burger, chips nd a drink with any extras lik curry sauce nd that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

La Salsa is good for a cheap veggie filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

turf wrote: »
    ****y food but nice.. kebab house next to roisin. 5quid i think for burger, chips nd a drink with any extras lik curry sauce nd that

3.50 if you're good at haggling :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Lynch's on Shop Street is good value. Or get a take away sambo from McCambridges - ask for extra and they will lash it in. A ciabata with ham, egg, lettuce, tomato etc is €3.80. Yummmmmyyyyyyy.
    Oh god im gonna throw up, that sounds disgusting. Have a Ciabatta with mayo,red cheddar cheese,white onion and chinken and bacon mix, now thats a sandwich!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

McDonagh's does it for me on price and taste.
    Huge breast of chicken and a load of chips, with a tub of the best curry i've ever tasted and a pint of milk.

€8

Can't beat that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

kraggy wrote: »
    La Salsa is good for a cheap veggie filling.
    yeah but the guy who works theres a total prick :(

JohnCleary wrote: »
    3.50 if you're good at haggling :D

yea i used to get it for 3,50 lol then id go in and someone else be workin and they'd say 4.50.. last time i was in it was 5.

sure its not even on the menu.. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

That place has gone to pot since it changed (or appeared to change) hands. They don't even known what a "4oz bacon'n'cheese" is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Love the kebab house chips, nyom.

• Advertisement

So.... hom many galway threads have ended up as kebab house reviews?

yea i used to get it for 3,50 lol then id go in and someone else be workin and they'd say 4.50.. last time i was in it was 5.

sure its not even on the menu.. :D

You're dead right. As Robbo said, the 'new management' (or at least workers) dont seem to have a clue how to keep their regulars happy. Never used to ask twice "3.50 with everything please" - now they try to charge you either 4.50/5.50 and ya dont even get a 'cheers mate' when you leave but rather a <racist>'thank you please come again' </racist> :mad: Bring back Mr. Costello!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Why o why hasn't anyone mentioned Scotty's? You get half of a cow in your burger. It's the biz. Scotty's Nachos are amazing. Choc milkshake will give you a heart attack but at least you will be smiling.

Vegeterians can have the Veggie Burger which is basically a tomato and lettuce sambo. They just pull the beef out before they serve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I live beside a Scotty's in Dun na Coiribe. Any good does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I live beside a Scotty's in Dun na Coiribe. Any good does anyone know?

are you telling us you live beside the place but have never eaten there? My God You're insane.

some of the best burgers in Galway imo.

Scottys is expensive. but my god. they have such excellent feeds there

scottys own type of chips are the nicest things in galway.. fresco fries :D:D

remember i used to go ll the time when i lived in dun.. nd then they hisked prices huge one day.. lost alot of custom from students

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Eejitt

Cooke's Bar, Bohermore do a great carvery for around €9.50. Used to be cheaper but its been edging steadily towards the tenner in the last few months. Still a good lunchtime feed.

What about that all you can eat indian place?

• Advertisement

What about that all you can eat indian place?

Can you eat Indians there?? :eek:

Advertisement