Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Body found in burned out car in Dublin

• 04-07-2008 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Body found in burned out car in Dublin
    Thursday, 3 July 2008 16:26

Gardaí are investigating after the discovery of a body in a burned out car in Templeogue, Dublin.

The Osprey Drive area has been sealed off and a full forensic examination will take place.

It is not known whether the body was that of a man or woman.

Gardaí cannot say whether the discovery is suspicious at this stage.

I remember watching a show of fire service in manchester who routinely check the boot of cars set alight for such things.

Do dfb or other fire services here do this, cant say ive seen it.

Anybody (pardon the pun) enlighten me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Smokey Bear

Yeah we do it all the time .Some times not necessary to pop boot as you can see into boot from the back seat/shelf when burnt out ,also you would know with out having to look at times using other senses if somthing else was present.

Smokey Bear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Paulzx

As said already the boot would normally be checked to make sure its fully extingushed. If a body is inside it will be seen.

If you see a burnt out car at the side of the road you'll be able to tell whether its been extingushed by the FB or not due to the bonnet been bent at the sides with a wrecking bar and the boot being popped. I always have a quick look when i'm putting out a car fire for anything unusual inside.

Advertisement