Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT028 Transport Ops/Tech

Options
  • 04-07-2008 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing this course. Would like to hear anything about it, more than likely to be starting in September.

What are the hours like, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

Going into second year this September, i really like the course, the hours are ok - very good lecturers from Industry so that helps...

As for doing well in the course, make sure you do all your assignments and try to do your very best you can in them (there's a high weighting as regards marks in the exam; for some modules up to 40%)

Hope that helps ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭green_onions

I've just finished the four years of the course and thought it was really good. Lecturers all have the "on-the-ground" experience and are a very helpful group of people. Hours are ok, usually 9-4 or 10-5 or stuff like that. You usually get at least one half day a week and some semesters you get a day or two off as well.

As Ferror said, the assignments play a big part in some modules and can account for up to 30 or 40% of the overall marks for a module. But provided you do a good one, it's a handy way of bagging some marks before the exams and doing so sure helped me out a few times in bringing my marks up.

If you have any other questions PM me and I'll try help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Cheers lads, that's a great insight. Green_onions, I've sent you a pm if that's ok. :)

Advertisement