Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XI Online

Options
  • 04-07-2008 2:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

After so many years (even with WoW subscription and Age of Conan thoughts pulling me in) I've decided to just go and purchase it. I noticed that only US and Canada are selectable in the Play Online registration portion when it comes to entering the home address. For people outside the States and Canada, you could actually use a fake one (make sure the State and Zip Codes match) and continue to the billing page where you can select any country so it would match the address on the credit card. Very inconvenient, in my opinion. Anyway, anybody else playing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Finstern

Hey, I used to play FFXI a few years back but want to get back into it, have it all set up at the moment. I'm researching what the best server to start off in because I've read a few threads saying the areas where you level from like 10 - 20 are dead at certain times of the day GMT.

But yeah what server are you in? Also levels and classes? Perhaps we could party up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

I'm in Hades though I haven't been playing much (work, project and all).

Yeah Im on Odin, after a nightmarish time trying to update the game (it kept dropping the connection) i eventually got online and played for a good few hours, but now i cant even get playonline to log me in at all. I'm installing it on the 360 at the moment but I'm having the exact same problems so I think Irish Broadband is blocking the connection or something.

Does yours lag out all the time or is it a smooth process? I'm getting NTL on thursday so hopefully that should solve the problem. Also I think it may be vista (doesnt explain the 360 problem though) so I'm gonna install on to an xp partition.

I have it on XP so it's a good idea to try that. A bit of lag seems to be always present especially when I'm casting spells with my red mage.

yeah its the actual playonline viewer thats laggy for me, im finally able to log back in though :) i think its definatly irish bb though cos i tried it on every other platform available with every possible router/cabling configuration imaginable.

• Advertisement

If you can try a different connection then I think it would be better to do so. Play Online Viewer was laggy for me as well. There were a lot of times it would say the connection is busy or something to that extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Think you got the wrong thread buddy

Advertisement