Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naruto renaissance?

Options
  • 04-07-2008 7:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

Naruto's been pretty crappy for a good while now but I've kept following it anyways.

If anyone's still reading the manga it seems it's finally getting interesting again!
    Could be some great fights coming up(i really wonder who will go up against Pein next) and FINALLY some character development of non-Uchiha characters... I've seen a couple of different translations of 407, some people are saying the code spells out 'the real one isn't with them', not sure if that's right though, could be wishful thinking from a fake spoiler

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 BoxOfWonders

Ive given up on Shippuuden completely, havnt read the manga for a while though.

The animation has gone so far down the drain fights are cringe worthy. Too painful to watch ;'/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I was always interested in Akatsuki and I'm liking it more now they're bringing them out. It's definitely getting interesting and I'll continue reading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Ye its quite good. I watched the anime but got so sick of the procrastination in the eps I quit. Started reading teh manga recently andits infiately better.

The newer chapters are quite good. Especially the plot twist involving
    Itachi and the destruction of the Uchiha clan. Pity Jiraiya died though he was one of the better characters

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Where do you guys get the manga?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

Kold wrote: »
    Where do you guys get the manga?
    I either read mine on online sites like mangavolume dot net or onemanga dot com.
    I DO buy it though, as that's the only way to get battle royale these days.
    I get my paid for manga in forbidden planet, along the quays, beside the entrance to temple bar from the bridge.
    :P
    Total plug!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Theres a few shops you can get it in. Easons, Chapters, Forbidden Planet. The internets the cheapest for buying it though. There are a few places to download it - torrents anime-eden.com but I dont think Im allowed to provide any links

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

yea i use onemanga or the MSN group naruto manga returns usually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gosoul2soul

Naruto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Yay!! its Naruto day!

Hopefully the current side story ends today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

This thread reminds me; I need to start reading One-Piece one of these days :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

keh, I was hoping that Sasuke Naruto would be getting good again after they dispensed with all that Itachi and Akatsuki rubbish, but it's just as bad as ever.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    This thread reminds me; I need to start reading One-Piece one of these days :pac:

Make sure you do, it's popular for the reason. It's also awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,208 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

iv read up to the latest naruto shippuden manga (think 413)
    its looking great

way better than the fillers (boring ****e)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

andgoodbye wrote: »
    I either read mine on online sites like mangavolume dot net or onemanga dot com.
    I DO buy it though, as that's the only way to get battle royale these days.
    I get my paid for manga in forbidden planet, along the quays, beside the entrance to temple bar from the bridge.
    :P
    Total plug!

Thanks for the website man, FP are a bit too pricy though. Prob cheaper just to buy online. Suppose you don't have that walk in a reado factor though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

eah I can´t quote for some reason so Owlwink, ou´re great and all, but on occasion you really ****in confuse me.
    What is reado factor?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TBH, despite the dollar being down the crapper I find FP's pricing fair -- 3 volumes for 25euro is close enough to 3 volumes for 30$ + shipping -- you're essentially paying for not waiting :pac:

Now, that doesn't stop me buying in the 5$ firesales that I find every now & then online :D

Ishmael wrote: »
    Yay!! its Naruto day!

Hopefully the current side story ends today.

finally that filler is finished! back on track with the manga, the anime should be quite decent for a while now i hope
    cannot wait to see the shikamaru and friends vs. hidan/kakuzu fight

Funky wrote: »
    finally that filler is finished! back on track with the manga, the anime should be quite decent for a while now i hope
    cannot wait to see the shikamaru and friends vs. hidan/kakuzu fight

ya i cant wait for that fight too

the man who cant be killed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭HumanAfterAll

I left the anime because is a crap. The anime was great till after the combat between Naruto and Sasuke. I still remember when I got sleept watching the combat between Naruto and Orochimaru in Shippuuden.

I only read the manga, the anime is just the manga interpretation for make money, is ****.

shippuuden in general hasn't been great alright but there are some fights i'm looking forward to seeing translated from manga to anime

i agree that the orochimaru fight was a little underwhelming though

I suspect he means that he uses a bookstore as a library.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Ikuto

they do have a tendency to drag stuff out making it crap but i stiil watch it cause i always finish animes or manga no matter what

Oh. My. GOD. Episode 86-87 was the best I've seen yet. Naruto is like a drug, even when it's sh*t I have to keep watching. This whole arc was generally very powerful but this episode was absolutely class. Even though they did flashbacks of the same episode within it (that's just bullsh*t). Shikimaru is such a badass.

Oh. My. GOD. Episode 86-87 was the best I've seen yet. Naruto is like a drug, even when it's sh*t I have to keep watching. This whole arc was generally very powerful but this episode was absolutely class. Even though they did flashbacks of the same episode within it (that's just bullsh*t). Shikimaru is such a badass.

do you read the manga

if not you should its getting right good too

do you read the manga

I read the Kakashi arc and that's it. I don't want to ruin my viewing of the episodes though. Even though the animators are the biggest douchebags ever (no episode this week, we cba/this episode is going to consist of 5% progress and 95% flashback), today's episode was just such amazing viewing... although I have been smoking so it might not have been that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

no episode this week, we cba/this episode is going to consist of 5% progress and 95% flashback), today's episode was just such amazing viewing...

I think there is an ep next week, the trailer at the end said the next arc is starting on the 18th, but that still leaves a week to finish this arc. Also, having read the manga, I found very little happened this week. Was expecting them to finish up with the double episode.
    do you read the manga

I'm a bit uneasy about the manga at the moment. Its moving so quickly lately. They're making massive changes to the naruto universe without giving anything due respect. So much is happening nothings getting expanded enough. Just feels like they're rushing to finish it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Episode 85 was raigh good. Thats what I went every couple of episodes, pure combat.

Its getting a lot better now than it was, and this arc doesnt seem as dragged out as the rescue Gaara, or Sasuke arcs.

I couldnt finish the filler so I skipped about 70 - 80.
    Fake Jiinkurri! ZOMBIE-JUTSU! Attack of the evil Wig!

I'm a bit uneasy about the manga at the moment. Its moving so quickly lately. They're making massive changes to the naruto universe without giving anything due respect. So much is happening nothings getting expanded enough. Just feels like they're rushing to finish it at this stage.

Not they, He.

Masashi Kishimoto to be specific.

He's the man who created Naruto, and he's written every issue and volume. He can do whatever he damn pleases with the Universe he's crafted as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't need to give it respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

He's the man who created Naruto, and he's written every issue and volume. He can do whatever he damn pleases with the Universe he's crafted as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't need to give it respect.

Thats the kind of attitude that lead to Star Wars: episode 1.

naruto 428 manga out tomorrow

cant wait

but i came across some spoilers for it
    Konohamaru manages to do Rasengan

which im a bit pissed off with

• Advertisement

chapter 430 is out now¬!
    oh how long i've been waiting to see Naruto finally lay some smack down in shippuuden, epic chapter and hopefully the next couple of chapters will be chapters of equally epic proportion

i reckon tsunade is about to die, kakashi i'm not sure about... really hope he isn't dead but i've a funny feeling he might be. if he is i'm almost sure Naruto will be the next hokage

Advertisement