Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Luck To Everyone doing the ROK

Options
  • 04-07-2008 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Best of luck to everyone taking part in the ROK wish I could be there, Hope the weather behaves itself, have a great trip and stay safe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

This forum is going to be a bit slow this weekend since everyone is probably already gone to kerry...

Enjoy yourselves guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Thanks Buachaill & Caroline, personally I'm going to need it too, decided with all the rain to take up running on Wednesday evening and did a bit over 10km- felt OK at the time- until I stopped! Turns out this was a bit too much for me and I can barely walk today (it was bad yesterday, but it's worse today.) So far it is looking like cycling is easier than walking though I'll certainly be taking it easy tomorrow (that's my excuse :)) Any tips appreciated (I have found a stash of Difene left over from a previous injury.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

blorg wrote: »
    Thanks Buachaill & Caroline, personally I'm going to need it too, decided with all the rain to take up running on Wednesday evening and did a bit over 10km- felt OK at the time- until I stopped! Turns out this was a bit too much for me and I can barely walk today (it was bad yesterday, but it's worse today.) So far it is looking like cycling is easier than walking though I'll certainly be taking it easy tomorrow (that's my excuse :)) Any tips appreciated (I have found a stash of Difene left over from a previous injury.)

You should be OK by Saturday, but even so, it shouldn't really bother you while on the bike. I do a fair bit of running, and sometimes if I take a break from it, and then do a run, my muscles will be stiff while walking, but I'll be fine on the bike.

Good luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

CHeers folks, and best of luck to everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Good luck folks, hope it's a great day.

Blorg, I find the stiffness from running is always worst two days after the run, then I'm usually fine after that.

As Raam says you should be fine for cycling, different muscles and less impact.

• Advertisement
Advertisement