Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unreal Tournament III

• 04-07-2008 10:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Anybody picking it up today or over the coming weeks?

360 Version has Splitscreen mode which is a plus.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

I was thinking of getting it on play.com as its cheap there, is it out today? And has anyone gotten it if so whats it like online and such?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Be picking this up for sure. Been waiting a looooooooong time for it! I'll probably pick it up from Gamesnash, trade in a few games for it. Loads of reviews up for the 360 version today http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928301.asp Every single one says its exactly what you expect but with a half-decent campaign (stress that half!) which is a lot more than previous versions had. Plus split-screen online can't be beat! Halo is the only other straight shooter to offer that and I'm well tired of it at this stage.

Couple mates used to play this on the PC "back in the day" so a reunion is called for :cool:
    The vehicles look like the most awesome in any game available at the moment too :D
    CyberWaste wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting it on play.com as its cheap there, is it out today? And has anyone gotten it if so whats it like online and such?
    I played it on my (aging) PC and it was grand (if crap looking). Epic said they're putting up a few dedicated servers for the game like they did for PS3 & PC so it should be great.

Anyone know the price in gamestop for this? Or is there anywhere selling it for about 50€ as its 48€ on play.com, but I wouldnt mind paying a few extra euros than having to wait a week for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I'll let you know how much when I pick mine up later cyberspace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Will get it eventually, heard good things about the PS3 version so im looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Anyone know the price in gamestop for this? Or is there anywhere selling it for about 50€ as its 48€ on play.com, but I wouldnt mind paying a few extra euros than having to wait a week for it.

Order today off us - shipped tomorrow and should be with you on Monday / Tuesday at latest. And change out of €50.00 too - do they still sell 1 cent sweets ???? :D

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    I'll let you know how much when I pick mine up later cyberspace.
    Well you get it in gamestop after all? If so whats the price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

i've only played bits and pieces of this at lan matches with mates and it never really thrilled me as much as i had hoped. i have to say i still prefer ut04.

having said that its not bad by any means, just didn't live up to the hype for me.

Oh and the single player campaign is a joke :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

grimm2005 wrote: »

Oh and the single player campaign is a joke :p

This.
    The sp campaign is nothing but bot deathmatches with half arsed story bits in between to give you a reason for playing the deathmatches. Its rubbish.
    And not matter how many times i tried playing this online on PC i just couldnt get into it. Its just not that good a game really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

I really like it , well worth the 55 quid and will fill in the space between now and Gearsvember.

The gears video included on the game disc looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I bought it on friday, played it on the saturday and sunday. Im now back playing battlefield bad company where everybody doesnt seem to use a Rocket Launcher all the time to get kills. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Rockets are mad slow abd easily dodged , always watch you back. The thing with unreal is that its very unlike Gears even though it looks similar . Unreal is much more frantic online ...first thing to do is up the sensitivity on your controller and the speed of the controller turn you'll be whoppin in no time.

Advertisement