Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine Gums

• 04-07-2008 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭

Maybe a strange request...

Near where I grew up in Templeogue/Rathfarnham of South dublin there was this shop which sold sweets by the quarter pound. Ownership changed about 5 years ago with the loss of the shops main attraction for me so now its crap!

So my favourite were the wine gums he sold. They were amazing! Came in about a 5kg bag which was I think vacume sealed and he cut this open and poured them into the hard plastic bokes from which they were dispensed. I used often buy a 1lbd bag from him, maybe 3 times a week! Used cost £1.60, then €2 after the change (very fair I hear you saying!) but this went up to €2.40 after about a year, still not extortion by any means.

So my question for all you is, does anyone know what these sweets were. They were not maynards/bassets. They were less chewy and just much better. Any chance anyone knows a website with a selection for bulk order?

Any help much appreciated, the nostalgia is killing me!

Comments

Advertisement