Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chocolate biscut cake...

• 04-07-2008 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

here is my recipie

4oz butter
    500g of chocolate (at least 200 g dark or it’ll be too sweet)
    1 Pack of digestive biscuits
    1 can of carnation condensed milk

Melt the butter and chocolate on a low heat keep stirring when all the chocolate has melted
    add the whole can of milk.
    Keep the heat low until it has all melted
    Turn off heat and crush biscuits into the mix
    Put in a cake tin and allow cooling before putting it in the fridge overnight.
    Take out an hour prior to serving

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

there have been a few threads on this delicious cake alright :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055140872

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

so Easy and everyone loves it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

MJOR wrote: »
    so Easy and everyone loves it
    It keeps really well too. Every wedding or christening I have recently been at has these cakes, always goes down well, these mixtures have been around for years, I am surprised they are only becoming more popular now for celebrations like this, I expect many wedding sponge cakes go to waste. These are perfect, and they are so rich a little goes a long way, easy to cut and wrap up for guests to take away.

rubadub wrote: »
    It keeps really well too. Every wedding or christening I have recently been at has these cakes, always goes down well, these mixtures have been around for years, I am surprised they are only becoming more popular now for celebrations like this, I expect many wedding sponge cakes go to waste. These are perfect, and they are so rich a little goes a long way, easy to cut and wrap up for guests to take away.

that is the thing who wants buttercream yuckiness

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

sounds lovely im off to the shop now!!!

• Advertisement

sounds lovely im off to the shop now!!!

Yep ! It sure is! I love it

Advertisement