Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrous NTL phone

Options
  • 04-07-2008 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭

I was rang a few weeks ago by a sales guy in this company about signing up for their phone service. He said they would give me a cordless phone and line rental for €4 per month for the first three months.

So got my bill the other day and they have charged me the full 9.99 for the line rental. I rang them and after waiting 20mins to speck to someone I was told that I was not entitled to the reduced rate and the sales guy made a mistake.

Surely this is not my prob and they should have to honor the reduced rate for three months. Also they told me that it was a 12 month contract this was never mentioned in the sales and 3rd party verification call.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Did you receive anything written to outline this reduced rate or a welcome letter advising of a contract etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

No was just told about it over the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Get as much info as you can and take it to comreg. I think comreg will ask you to put your complaint in writing to the company first but check with them. You should have received a letter confirming your package i think but again comreg will advise you of what to do and where you stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

alexmcred wrote: »
    I was rang a few weeks ago by a sales guy in this company about signing up for their phone service. He said they would give me a cordless phone and line rental for €4 per month for the first three months.

So got my bill the other day and they have charged me the full 9.99 for the line rental. I rang them and after waiting 20mins to speck to someone I was told that I was not entitled to the reduced rate and the sales guy made a mistake.

Surely this is not my prob and they should have to honor the reduced rate for three months. Also they told me that it was a 12 month contract this was never mentioned in the sales and 3rd party verification call.

Usually they give line rental for €4 if you are also getting tv and broadband.They charge the full €9.99 but a discount comes off the end of monthly bill.So if you are getting the tv i would ring them up again(on their freephone no.) and insist on the €4 offer,after all its only €18 to them.They do cave in eventually(try getting put through to accounts dept).Check out their website to see their rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭Trampas

i had an issue with a different telecom company and they way I got around an issue something like this was as they say they record all calls for etc etc is ask for a copy off the call and that should clear up any issues. got my money back quick enough after asking for the copy of the call as they know they will not have a leg to stand on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement