Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cmsmadesimple

Options
  • 04-07-2008 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

How do you install cmsmadesimple???

I have put the unzipped files up on the server and made the config.php file.
    I didn't make a database file (I didn't know how to and it said you didn't have to).

The website is "testing.tvmusic.ie" and I should be able to install by typing "testing.tvmusic.ie/index.php" but whenever I type that or the original url, a page of code comes up.

Help please, I am new to this side of website development.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Your server doesn't support php.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

I see your hosting provider is using the H-sphere control panel(i typed in some random text after your address and the page not found message had H-sphere at the top).

My hosting provider also uses H-sphere.
    Here's what you have to do to enable PHP:

Log in to your hosting control panel and click on web options.Scroll down to where it says PHP. There'll be a red "Off" button there.

Click on it and it'll bring you to a page asking which version of PHP you want to use. Pick the version you want to use and hit submit. Either version should be fine for CMSMadeSimple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Stamen

duffman85 wrote: »
    I see your hosting provider is using the H-sphere control panel(i typed in some random text after your address and the page not found message had H-sphere at the top).

My hosting provider also uses H-sphere.
    Here's what you have to do to enable PHP:

Log in to your hosting control panel and click on web options.Scroll down to where it says PHP. There'll be a red "Off" button there.

Click on it and it'll bring you to a page asking which version of PHP you want to use. Pick the version you want to use and hit submit. Either version should be fine for CMSMadeSimple.

I am using Digiweb starter pack. I dont think that supports php. Damn. Thanks though

Advertisement