Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Z-Chocolate

Options
  • 04-07-2008 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.zchocolat.com/

Anybody buy from these guys? The chocolates they do are just staggering - fine, it's €35 for 24 chocs, but worth it. Some of the stuff is just out of this world. I can only afford 'em every six months, but tis heaven!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

Sorry to drag this up again but has anyone tried these? Just discovered them after a poster mentioned them. I'm thinking of ordering as I love my chocolates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Elessar wrote: »
    Sorry to drag this up again but has anyone tried these? Just discovered them after a poster mentioned them. I'm thinking of ordering as I love my chocolates!

That was me who mentioned them :D They're fantastic, go for the refills as anything else is very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Sweet mother. Are the pieces of chocolate big enough?

I don't think I could ever justify spending that amount of money on chocolates, but people spend it on flowers and you can't eat those!

What the hell. 15 piece starter set ordered! Sure you only live once :D

Cost nearly €45 in total :eek:

Will update the thread on my findings!

What the hell. 15 piece starter set ordered! Sure you only live once :D

Cost nearly €45 in total :eek:

Will update the thread on my findings!

Did you get to choose the chocolates you got?! All looked a bit dark, not many white chocolate ones! But do let us know how you find them..

I could be swayed.. :P

• Advertisement

Lornen wrote: »
    Did you get to choose the chocolates you got?! All looked a bit dark, not many white chocolate ones! But do let us know how you find them..

I could be swayed.. :P

There aren't many white chocolate, not many people like them.

Confab wrote: »
    There aren't many white chocolate, not many people like them.

I'd put it down to the fact maybe that white chocolate relies more on cocoa butter than cocoa solids, so therefore they couldn't charge the amount they are for the other higher quality chocolates :)

I like white chocolate, many people I know do too. I also like good quality chocolate with a nice high cocoa solid content. Nothing worse than a chocolate snob!

I'm sure head chef's who have been awarded Michelin stars indulge in the occasional bacon sarnie. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I had a look on their website but couldn't find much on their 'ethics'. Is their cocoa fair trade, do you know? If I was spending that much on chocolate, i'd prefer to buy fair trade tbh.

OP - what makes the taste so special?? I want every mouth watering detail....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 7i

....... justify spending that amount of money on chocolates, but people spend it on flowers and you can't eat those!

Haven't you tried chokoflowers.com for 'eating' flowers

A

7i wrote: »
    Haven't you tried chokoflowers.com for 'eating' flowers

A

I was only thinking if such a thing existed the other day. Nearly 30 euro's for a chocolate probably no where near the quality of the Z chocolates, and there looks to be about 10 roses so not many chocolates.
    For an extra few euro's I'd just go for the Z chocs..

When in Rome right?

• Advertisement

Trí wrote: »
    OP - what makes the taste so special?? I want every mouth watering detail....:)

The quality is amazing and the tastes are unusual. Well worth buying imo. That said, I don't work for them!

Oooh they shipped today, arriving in the morning! :D

Can't wait to try these!

Oooh they shipped today, arriving in the morning! :D

Can't wait to try these!

So are they worth the wait ? :)

A

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Yes, do tell!

Ahem, well.

I have to say the chocolates are lovely, some great tastes and flavours. But they are TINY. I couldn't believe it. 15 small chocolates for €43 total - in my opinion, although they are nice, they are ultimately not worth it. They were good, but not mind blowingly good.

The only thing that sets them apart from others is really the fillings, complicated fruit/nut pureé's and pralines. The chocolate is lovely too, but there is so little of it you hardly notice it at all. Having tasted them, I'd rather spend €20-30 on a nice box of similar chocolates in a retail outlet.

Definitely worth a try but way overpriced for what you get!

Ahem, well.

I have to say the chocolates are lovely, some great tastes and flavours. But they are TINY. I couldn't believe it. 15 small chocolates for €43 total - in my opinion, although they are nice, they are ultimately not worth it. They were good, but not mind blowingly good.

The only thing that sets them apart from others is really the fillings, complicated fruit/nut pureé's and pralines. The chocolate is lovely too, but there is so little of it you hardly notice it at all. Having tasted them, I'd rather spend €20-30 on a nice box of similar chocolates in a retail outlet.

Oh my word. :eek:

You poor soul! :( I was on the website and the first thing I thought was "ah, expensive enough but they look massive so that'd make it up surely."

They must have had the chocolates under a microscope for the pictures on the website :P

Am I the only one who likes Butler's? :o
    Their white chocolate truffle.. om nom nom! :pac:

Their white chocolate truffle.. om nom nom! :pac:

yes, it appears so !

A

Ahem, well.

If you like your chocolate may I suggest the following chocolatleroux.com.
    Excellent Choc's-- I recommend the 'Caramels au Beurre Salé'.

A

7i wrote: »
    yes, it appears so !

A

Chocolate snobbery! Were you only ever brought up on the finest of fair? No dairymilk's about the house no?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

For relatively good value, nice chocolate and a different filling I recommend popping to tescos and buying these for ~€5

They are really nice. Thick chocolate, delicate flavouring with light caramel. Worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

No, Butler's is lovely :)

My very very favourite chocolate, though, is Hotel Chocolat. Bloody amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Ahem, well.

Just checked out the site - my lord they must be tiny - the weight of the box is listed as 0.3 lb - 135g - for 15 chocolate! A typical box of around 15 chocolates from butlers / lily o'briens is usually about 200g, to put it in perspective!

Cheers for the feedback - totally agree on Hotel Chocolat btw :)

Advertisement