Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Endless Summer

Options
  • 04-07-2008 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen this, just saw it last night, about two calafornian dude who follow the surf asrounf the world for a year, thus producing an endless summer, filmed in the 60 or 70's its a cool flick, really good surfing fottage and a funny voice over throughtout
    just thought id reccommend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

yup, good show allright.
    endless summer 2 was made in '94, they went back to a lot of the places that were visited in the first movie.
    Worth checking out allright, I found the narrator very annoying tho. :rolleyes:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Endless_Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Thats one I dont have actually. I must look into getting myself a copy.

both are available on play.com, the first one is out of stock at the moment tho.
    8.49 for the second one is pretty good tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

Saw them both there recently. The first one is very eh... quaint, but charming. The second was ok, but a bit of a re-hash.

I really liked step into liquid and riding giants.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tonyfillony

Step into Liquid is class!
    That bit with the hydrofoil is class!
    Everything is class!
    class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

riding giant is one of my favourites, it always amazes any of my guests that i put it on for, I've another class DVD too called
    The Ride / The Day
    specific documentary about a big day at jaws, has all the crew fro mriding giants, excellent fotage,
    you can get nearly any of these on Ebay for a couple of euro if you look out

Watched Big Wednesday last night after reading this thread ...

Point break ne1?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Garry17

c - 13 wrote: »
    Watched Big Wednesday last night after reading this thread ...
    Anyone want to buy a copy of Big Wednesday. Un-opened, still in the wrapper.
    €10 and postage and it's yours.

Garry17 wrote: »
    Anyone want to buy a copy of Big Wednesday. Un-opened, still in the wrapper.
    €10 and postage and it's yours.

Did you sign up just to flog all your gear on here ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Garry17

c - 13 wrote: »
    Did you sign up just to flog all your gear on here ?
    Nah, ordered 2 by mistake, held onto the second as it was going to cost me too much to return the second one to the supplier. Forgot about it until I saw the post

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

Riding Giants is an amazing documentary anyone who hasnt seen it should get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ronanoc

Endless Summer is a fun surfing movie and funny in places. Great to see all these places before surfing "took off". The attitudes in it are very of their time though, but I'd still recommend it.

Riding Giants is the best surfing movie in my opinion though. It really has eveyrthing, from the origins, surfing through the ages and tow-in surfing. Everytime I watch it I'm amazed. Anyone with any interest in surfing should definitely watch it. I got for less than €5 from amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

cant wait to see the Waveriders (i think that the name), a friend f mine saw an advenced screening, she said the mullachmore scenes were truely amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Any of the surf films by Thomas Campbell are amazing

Advertisement