Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Adverts Installed

Options
  • 04-07-2008 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

On my way into work today I passed by the new signs that J C Decaux are having installed around the city in return for supplying bikes for rent.

I saw two in Rathmines, one a little bit up from Madigans and the other outside Empire Chinese restaurant. The one outside Empire seems to be blocking most of the footpath.

They're a large rectangle with the cityscape carved out of the bottom and would look pretty good if they weren't soon to be filled with shoddy advertising.

Anyway what do people think. Is it a good idea to put more clutter on the footpaths in return for a few bikes that Dubliners will have to pay to use?

Personally I think it's a disgrace. The idea is good in principal but I don't think we are seeing a good return on our outlay. As far as I'm concerned the person who negotiated the deal on behalf of Dublin City Council should be sacked but I somehow doubt that'll happen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

We'll never see the bikes.. The whole thing was and is a bit of sham, and you're right about the one outside Empire, I nearly got killed when I walked past it today as somebody was coming up the other side (I could not see them) and came around the sign just as I did. I had to step out onto the road in front of a cyclist to get out of the way.. There's many many more to be installed btw...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I thought this idea was scrapped???
    Must hunt down that old thread

Advertisement