Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question about no claims bonus

Options
  • 04-07-2008 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I'm moving to the UK soon to work, probably for a couple of years before coming back to Ireland. I've 2 years NCB built up, with my sister as a named driver on my policy. Is it true that insurance companies don't recognise your NCB if you go for a period (eg a few years) without being insured? if this is the case I'll probably keep myself as the policy holder and let my sister drive it in Ireland, so I can still claim an NCB when i come back to Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Are you planning to drive in UK? If you take an insurance in UK you can use your Irish NCB and you'll have 4 years of NCB when you come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bd85

No, I won't be driving in the UK, so i'll have a break of a couple of years when I won't be driving. Will i lose my NCB because of this break?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Depends on the insurance company, some will reset you back to 0 after say for example 2 years whereas some will either give you what you had back or part of it. It's all down to that companys policy on NCB, same as for example some won't credit you with NCB from the UK whereas some will like Samih said.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

It depends on the insurer but afaik 2 years in the grace period allowed before your NCD is reset to 0. Best bet is to ring your insurer and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

its 2 years with quinn

• Advertisement
Advertisement