Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clear frequencys for MP3 transmitters

• 04-07-2008 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

What frequencies are people using for MP3 transmitters in the south of the country?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭Antenna

clearest frequencies would be at the low end of the band , i.e. 87.5 - 88.O

though unfortunately many MP3 transmitters for sale here (designed for the American market where the FM band doesn't go as low as Europe) will not go lower than 88.1 (avoid those ones)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I use 88.1 for my DAB radio. (Dublin to wicklow drive) BBC radio 2 is there but never gets in the way.

Dont know about down south tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I would've thought down south there would be clearer swathes of the FM band than in Dublin.

That said, countrywide, 87.6 is almost the best. Newstalk ruined the >107 part of the band.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

If it's an iTrip, make sure it's set to international mode and try 87.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

friend has oneone and 102.4 is his chosen frequency. it works pretty well most of the time on that in dublin

• Advertisement
Advertisement