Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know if ntl broadband is available in rathmines/rathgar area?

Options
  • 04-07-2008 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

hi all, looking to change my 3meg eircom contract.

just wondering does anyone know if ntl is available in rathmines/rathgar area? if not, any idea when?

and is there any other options bedide eircom in my area, dont fancy paying eircom for 3 meg when there is faster out there for the same price.

thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Run your phone number through the line checker on smart telecom's website. If u can get smart then cancel eircom immediately! To find out if u can get ntl then just give them a call, their website is often inaccurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Basically, it's bad news...

I'm not sure about Rathgar, as some of that area is on the Terenure exchange and some is on the Rathmines exchange. Rathmines has neither Smart nor BT LLU which is strange given the volume of lines it serves.:(

NTL seems to have very shoddy cable infrastructure in that area, and I'll put it this way: any time I've scanned for wifi while looking for my own router, I never see any NTL routers... I've heard before that NTL don't have broadband round there, but calling them is the best option.

If the NTL cables you can see on houses in the area are grey, they've been upgraded and should support broadband. You have a much smaller chance if they're all black.

Rathmines is rather crap for broadband choice as far as dublin city goes. Digiweb Metro is the fastest residential product you can get round there I think.

Advertisement