Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SGS Ballymun

Options
  • 04-07-2008 12:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I finally got a letter about my test today, it's on Thursday in SGS Ballymum (so that's a 7 week wait, looks like I'm just within average times after all!!).

I've a lesson booked for Monday, a 2 hour pretest on Tuesday and I might do another one on thursday morning before the test.

I was just wondering if there's anything I should specifically watch out for in that particular centre? It's on at 2.35pm...

Thanks all!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Are the technical/rules of the road checks done in addition to the 40 minutes of driving time, or does the test last 40 minutes total?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hanley wrote: »
    Are the technical/rules of the road checks done in addition to the 40 minutes of driving time, or does the test last 40 minutes total?

The rules of the road section of the test takes place before you go out to your car. The examiner will meet you in the waiting room, sit you down at his desk and ask you the rules of the road questions. After this you will be taken out to the car where you will be asked to show the technical checks. Usually all that takes around 10 minutesish. The test might not even be 40 minutes long, I was only driving for about 15 minutes for mine.

The rules of the road section of the test takes place before you go out to your car. The examiner will meet you in the waiting room, sit you down at his desk and ask you the rules of the road questions. After this you will be taken out to the car where you will be asked to show the technical checks. Usually all that takes around 10 minutesish. The test might not even be 40 minutes long, I was only driving for about 15 minutes for mine.

Deadly, thanks. Hopefully less driving time = higher chance of passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

No worries, post back if you have any more questions:).
    Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭peachystarr

*~*Good Luck*~*

you shouldnt be driving more than 25 mins, think i only drove less than 20 mins.

Be cool, calm and collected :)

• Advertisement

*~*Good Luck*~*

you shouldnt be driving more than 25 mins, think i only drove less than 20 mins.

Be cool, calm and collected :)

Thank you!!

Where abouts did they take you driving? I heard the turn about and reversing around corners is normally down up near the bus depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Thank you!!

Where abouts did they take you driving? I heard the turn about and reversing around corners is normally down up near the bus depot?

Greggers was taken to the road that runs parallel to his own to do it, he did the three pointer on his own road!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Thank you!!

I'm pretty sure some of the reversing around the corners is done on Shanliss Ave. (going from the Avenue and reversing into Shanliss Grove).

They might do it in other places too, though.

Advertisement