Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This should help prove something

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭paddyblue

Martron wrote: »
    this thread was noever about insurance it was about statistics.

Marton - in your first post on this tread you said the following - 'should the insurance companies and radio advertisment redirect their attention.' - so this tread was partly about insurance companies. Also, do insurance companies not use statistics to work out target ages for high premiums?

Anyway, I strongly disagree with your argument. The fact is that young male drivers cause the worst carnage on the roads by a mile (pun intended). This is proven statistically. So the insurance companies and radio advertisement should keep on targeting them...

T-ha was spot on with his comment. If female drivers do drive circa 3 times less then why should they be targeted more by the media? Even if it could be proved that women would cause the same number of serious crashes/fatalities if they drove the same nr of miles as men - there would be no point targeting them based on this statsitic...until they actually did drive an equal amount of miles.

But I do not think that women would cause near as much serious damage as young males do if both sexes drove the same amount. Who cares if there will be more lamp posts hit, etc. It's the fatal crashes that the media target and young males are the big offenders here, irrespective of proportion of male/female drivers on the road.

I believe your argument is offensive & inconsiderate. Put yourself in the shoes of someone who has lost a family member to an accident caused by a speeding young male driver....tell them that these murderers (thats what they are) are unfairly targeted by the press & insurance companies...do you think these people care how many more minor accidents/tips/etc there would be if there were more women on the roads?....hitting lamposts doesn't kill people.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

dude, get over it. the insurance companies have the stats, and based on the stats women cost them less to insure.

i've heard this whiney "women are worse drivers" line all the time, but we just don't kill as many people. Simple as.

Personally, I believe if you gave a muffin to a young man he'd find a way to kill someone with it. Leave a muffin in a room full of young fellas, and when you come back some one will be missing a eye, choking on a muffin, surrounded by his mates laughing at him and fighting over who gets to wear the muffin wrapper on their head. you know its true.

Advertisement