Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser works in the USA

Options
  • 04-07-2008 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I just got back from a few weeks in the USA. Anyway one day while in walmart buying groceries i decided to use my laser card instead of my credit card, no harm in giving it a go. I was curious as my new one from Ulster Bank has Maestro on it (never had that before).

So i swipe it and it works, but even more impressive was that i was asked by the machine did i want cash back? so i keyed in $20 and when i pressed enter, the tellers drawer opened and she handed me $20 :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Let us know what charges you get stung for...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

yeah i did get charged:
    USD 21.40, RATE 1.5529, ERTF 0.25, CHARGE 0.25 - €14.28
    Im sure this is the $20 i got out, i seem to have been charged $1.40 by Walmart themselves and then 25c and another 25c for ERTF whatever that is.
    So $20 was €14.28

Thats the bad thing about the US, you get charged for absolutly everything. Even using an ATM unless it belongs to your own bank costs you a few dollars.

Still the charge for getting money back with my laser was a lot less than from an ATM it seems where i get charged $3 by the ATM and another two lots of 25c

Advertisement