Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

British GP to move to Donington in 2010

• 04-07-2008 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭

Just after hearing about this. It seems a bit unfair on silverstone. They had recently got planning permission to renovate the track and facilities and finally seemed to be moving in the right direction and then they find out they're losing the GP. And as far as I'm aware donington are going to have to spend big to get the track up to F1 specs as well. Doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

It is sad alright, but Donington is a much better track in my opinion. I've always found Silverstone to be quite dull, the track not the atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭stever

There aren't many overtaking oppourtunities in donington park at all. It would probably be a pretty dull race.

Anyway I will believe this when i see it. Remember a few years ago when the British grand prix was going to be moved to Brands hatch from 2002 onwards? And it would seem like a backwards step moving from Silverstone which has poor access and poor facilities but has planning permission for an upgrade to Donington Park which also has poor access and poor facilities but no planning permission...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I'm not particularly surprised and despite the BRDC publicly expressing surprise they either expected it or aren't all that clued in. F1 has been trying to get improvements out of them for years with very limited success. They would have lost it long ago if it wasn't for the problems with the Brands Hatch switch. From the sounds of it the BRDC were relying on the tactic that no one else will be able to develop their circuit and they're still hoping for planning/development issues at Donington to come to their rescue.

Overall, I think that the BRDC have marked their card with F1 and I think it was inevitable they'd lose the race eventually.

Advertisement