Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Games

Options
  • 04-07-2008 1:03pm

Where do people import their games from i.e. which country/the website. And how would I go about doing this?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

www.playasia.com are the cheapest and have a great selection of American and Asian region games amongst other things. Only problem is that they can't ship Playstation stuff abroad after the lik-sang shambles.

www.videogamesplus.ca is another canadian based retailer I use. Prices are good but there is a shipping charge. Their shipping speed is excellent. I've received games from them in 3-4 days before.

You'll need a credit card, 3v voucher or similar to order but it's worth it for much cheaper games months before they make it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

What happened with lik-sang?

I was just about to ask the same.

Also on playasia, would there be an issue with languages. Would it be safe to assume that a game with Japan beside it would be in Japanese?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

There's no issue with the websie itself since that's in english, the games naturallly enough are in Japanese though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

www.cd-wow.com free delivery is the reason I use it, takes about 3-4 days for delivery though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

A friend bought Super Smash Bros Brawl months ago from playasia, he had to buy a free loader along with it to play the game, you have to put the free loader in before playing the game and the game crashed when you picked certain characters or levels.

If you don't require a free loader, then go ahead! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

GDM wrote: »
    There's no issue with the websie itself since that's in english, the games naturallly enough are in Japanese though.

Actually playasia stocks american versions of the games as well. Even still many asian games come with full english text and voice acting and the website will detail what language options are available in the game which is handy because the asian versions are always cheaper than the american ones.

The site also details if an xbox 360 game is region free and if it will work on a PAL system, very handy indeed.

As for Lik-Sang basically Sony were getting peeved that european customers were buying PSP's and other hardware for well less than half the price they pay here. They used the excuse that the foreign PSP's didn't pass EU safety standards. They proceeded to sue lik-sang in every single country in europe and since a lik sang rep couldn't turn up to defend themsleves and it would have been impossible to cover the silly legal fees Sony won outright despite it going against the free market laws. Lik-Sang subsequently had to shut down. Play-asia being the second biggest importer decided not to get themsleves in the same **** storm and stopped shipping sony products.

Advertisement