Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My Car was Parked, Quite Happily

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭carlostevez90

and how do you follow up with insurance?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

so if it happened you
    would you just leave it
    might just get a paint stick from a car shop :(

it happened to me in a multi-story car park. Wheel arch was dented. No CCTV footage and no witnesses. You are wasting your time and energy dude.

and the witnesses would just be hear-say, its lose lose :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

if a neighbour saw them
    That's not proof!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

but th paint too?
    can gaurds just take that attitude?

Its the Gardai, not CSI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Just get a colour match stick. If its that bad rub it back lightly with wet and dry sandpaper first. It doesnt sound that bad, however you havent elaborated on it.

Your best bet is to move on. its not nice but sh*t happens :(

If get so worked up over little things you will only end up with a hernia...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Any chance of a picture of this damage OP?

I honestly can't see the guards getting excited about this, my window got smashed, door bent back and phone stolen in Dublin city centre about 9 months ago. Rang the law just in case I needed anything if I decided to use my insurance afterwards and was met with "What do you want me to do about it?".

Granted on another occasion my wallet was stolen from the car they were excellent about it, full "CSI" examination, kept in touch with me and eventually caught the guy, a strung out guy from Dublin who they connected with a string of break ins from the evidence gathered from my car.

Though that was in Cork, a better class of people all round ;)

Thanks
    bought colour match stick, looks fine
    its just the principle you know
    would my neighbour seeing them be proof enough for the law?

Thanks
    bought colour match stick, looks fine
    its just the principle you know
    would my neighbour seeing them be proof enough for the law?
    We all agree with you on the principle, but look at it this way - how much stress and anger have you allowed this to cause you so far? As I implied in my very first post, life is too short to get upset about marks on bumpers.:)

Yeah, im gonna leave it this time. just im thinkin i got off lucky, but if lets say my whell arch was smashed or something serious, what do i do,is a witness enough? im really about tentative parking in the capital now

• Advertisement

The only way to make sure nothing happens to your car is to keep it at home in a fortified garage. Just accept that it's a car and that cars get marked. Kind of like shoes, really.:)

Advertisement