Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 8gb now 99 euros on meteor Talk 300 (50/month )

• 04-07-2008 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

Looks like the iPhone competition is heating up :):)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Make that 49?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

That's on Talk 600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Yup, picked myself up one today. €99 on Talk 300. Now to see if I can sign up for this 3G trial on bill pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

Meteor could possibly take that GIANT leap they need to catch up with the other networks. With the N95 8GB at such an attractive price and the recent launch of the Samsung tocco Meteor are doing better

Does anyone know if these Nokias are locked, and if so, how long till Meteor will give you the unlock code ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

phones are unlocked and usually you can get it after around 3 months on billpay

Thanks for the reply P. Fit, but now I'm confuised. If the N95 8GB are supplied unlocked, then I shouldn't need an unlock code ?
    Or are you answering two separate questions ?
    Many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

oh wow €99 on talk 300?! I am on Talk 300 at the moment and I think my 12 month contract runs up in september, does anyone know do I have to wait til September to upgrade and do i still get the same prices as a new bill pay customer? really like the look of the N95. It's been a while since I had a nokia, i miss them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Yup, picked myself up one today. €99 on Talk 300. Now to see if I can sign up for this 3G trial on bill pay.

what do you mean 3G trial is meteor bill pay not already 3G?

Meteor haven't officially rolled out their 3G service yet. They're currently running a trial for PAYG customers. There was a bill pay trial there a while ago, for upgrade customers only.

Does anyone know the closing date for the cheap N95 offer ? Will it be when they bring in th new price plans I wonder ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

siobhanoh wrote: »
    oh wow 99 on talk 300?! I am on Talk 300 at the moment and I think my 12 month contract runs up in september, does anyone know do I have to wait til September to upgrade and do i still get the same prices as a new bill pay customer? really like the look of the N95. It's been a while since I had a nokia, i miss them! :D
    you usually get an upgrade in the 11th month of your contract. To find out if you're eligible text upgrade to 50000.
    You will get it for the same price as a new customer unless there's some kind of special offer on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 greentoymonkey

I went to upgrade for the N95 last week after finishin my 12th month and they told me that they have changed they're criteria for uppgrades and upgrades are now only granted after 18 months!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: I know a piece of ****...i even left my bill goin when i was away for the 3 months of the summer coz i taut i was goin to be getin an upgrade when i got home!!! ****in wreck the head!!! any advise?! now in sayin this i am only on talk 60 (yes im a student!!) so that could be sometin to do with it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

that doesn't sound right at all. The idea of an upgrade from the point of view of the network is that after 12 months you can leave without penalty so they offer you a phone in exchange for committing again. If you have to wait an extra 6 months that none of the other networks make you wait, people will just leave in their thousands

i'd go as far as to say that staff member was wrong. Either that or meteor have just made an extremely stupid business move

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 greentoymonkey

no i had it out with supervisors and managers and sent emails galore and i got no where!! all they all kept saying was u are no longer obliged to stay with meteor so if you would like to change networks go ahead!! swear to god,...and i was so angry ye no so if any1 has an idea wat i should do let me know!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I don't see what the issue is. You can change to another operator and keep your mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Goosie

no i had it out with supervisors and managers and sent emails galore and i got no where!! all they all kept saying was u are no longer obliged to stay with meteor so if you would like to change networks go ahead!! swear to god,...and i was so angry ye no so if any1 has an idea wat i should do let me know!!

I had the same with o2 to-day. Last week I was due an upgrade, this week I'm not. They changed the criteria on Monday. Pretty much said " it was my choice to select any operator i wanted". Really pd off - Ive been with them for 10 yrs.
    :mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement