Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto-locking old threads?

Options
2»

Comments

unkel wrote: »
    Not sure what you're on about there about Nazis :confused:

A statement about locking threads automatically could easily be part of the T&C box a user has to tick when signing up to boards.ie

If a new user comes along and just sees lots of locked threads I'd guess there'd be a fair few feedback threads querying why the threads were locked, and from this calling the Mods nazis.

Plus I take the Drunkth Amendment following last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Worztron

What is the time limit (if any) between the last post on a thread and making a new post?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Two years, nine months and twelve days, give or take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Well played sir.

Two years, nine months and twelve days, give or take.

Very funny. But seriously, what is the time limit (if any)?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

There's no hard and fast rule really. If the thread's still relevant, then digging it up shouldn't pose any significant issue, but for some forums that's seen as a no-no. Best bet, send a PM to the mods of the forum and ask if they think there's any problem bumping it back up.

Dav wrote: »
    There's no hard and fast rule really. If the thread's still relevant, then digging it up shouldn't pose any significant issue, but for some forums that's seen as a no-no. Best bet, send a PM to the mods of the forum and ask if they think there's any problem bumping it back up.

Thank you Dav. Finally someone has given me an informative answer. :)

How would I know the mod of a particular forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

At the bottom of each forum page is a list of the mods of that particular forum.

You can also look under their username when you come across them around the site.

<----

biko wrote: »
    At the bottom of each forum page is a list of the mods of that particular forum.

Ah, I see now. Thank you biko (I love that signature pic).

Do I contact Forum Mods or Category Mods? Or will either do?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Worztron wrote: »

Forum Mods are usually the first port of call. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Worztron wrote: »

Best to contact forum mods. If you contact a category mods, they'll more than likely either refer you to the forum mods or consult with the forum mods themselves so it'll just take longer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Best to contact forum mods. If you contact a category mods, they'll more than likely either refer you to the forum mods or consult with the forum mods themselves so it'll just take longer.
    Translates:
    Cmods are lazy feckers and don't like being woken up too often with trivial stuff.. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Steve wrote: »
    Translates:
    Cmods are lazy feckers and don't like being woken up too often with trivial stuff.. :D:D:D

more like: thou shalt not step on the (real) mods toes!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

"Real" is subjective :D

/Gets coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Forum mods preferrably but give them time to respond, mods arent constantly online!

Advertisement