Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do to improve Sligo's tourism?*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

GG66 wrote: »
    just checked back on this thread after seeing so many posts & found posts about Aine, McEniffes etc.... Just failed to see the relevance to the topic.

Sorry, don't let me distract ye
    Gillie wrote: »
    Aine's relevance would come into play with her "videos".
    If you've ever seen them (lucky if you haven't) they are normally filmed at Sligo's premiere locations like Dooney rock and Slios wood so in a cruel sort of way she is promoting Sligo's beauty spots.

As for the McEniffs. As they deal primarily in the Hospitality and Lesiure trade I think their influence (if any) in Sligo is relevant to tourism in a certain way.

For example the Music venue on Markievicz Road was owned by them and could have sorted out the lack lustre music scene in Sligo which would affect tourism.

Just my two cents!:D

+1

as a kind of local celebraty, aine would have some relavence, altough, tobe fair, she wasn't even mentioned in many of the posts, but a few

as for the mceniff reference, could also argue that its the way to do things, and a possible example on how things could be done in sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

The Aine Chambers videos are shocking but there is some other stuff that is shameful :O

More shameful than Áine...?

* goes off to have a look *

Also has anyone seen the ad's for Brian McEniffe hotels on TV? Is this the same McEniffe we're talking aboot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

More shameful than Áine...?

Yup.
    Well it's two videos in particular.
    Actually sick.
    I can't post the links, it may draw more attention to them.
    Sligo doesn't need that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Yup.
    Actually sick.

I think I know the ones you mean, I can't bring myself to look, but I read the titles.:eek:

magnumlady wrote: »
    I think I know the ones you mean, I can't bring myself to look, but I read the titles.:eek:

Yeah probably the same ones then.

There is another one, not a horrible one like the others but it is just so stupid and very cringe worthy for the guy in the video.
    He is singing his version of Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" but he is saying "They tried to make me go to Sligo, I said no, no, no". I am so embarrassed for that guy! Ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Help poor Sligo Rovers (if I could), I hope the clock is not ticking for them. Come on guys, raise the finances needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

DenMan wrote: »
    Help poor Sligo Rovers (if I could), I hope the clock is not ticking for them. Come on guys, raise the finances needed.

Although this is slightly (no totally) OT they are not the only ones.
    There are three other clubs in the same boat.

Whats changed? The FAI calling the shots and the "Big 5" running the show. It's the Scottish PL all over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Feel free to discuss that over in the Sligo Rovers thread boys! :)

takola wrote: »

We're sorry!:o
    C'mon Denman. Time to go!:)

Sorry takola. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

GG66 wrote: »
    just checked back on this thread after seeing so many posts & found posts about Aine, McEniffes etc.... Just failed to see the relevance to the topic.

Sorry, don't let me distract ye

The McEniffs are not relevant to this thread about improving 'tourism'
    ....Not true
    Of course they are. They are the most important people in tourism in the North West in general and the most influential. Look at Donegal.
    When discussing 'Sligo tourism it should be discussed in a wider context as in 'North West' and not just 'Sligo.
    As for Aine. lighten up a little about her. She's great. Her 'tourism' videos are meant to be a bit of craic. We all need a bit of fun in our lives.

Jabby wrote: »
    As for Aine. lighten up a little about her. She's great. Her 'tourism' videos are meant to be a bit of craic. We all need a bit of fun in our lives.

I don't think she means those videos to be a bit of craic.
    She seems serious about them.
    But yeah it's funny for everyone else because of the absolute state of the video but now she could make some without her in it. That might be better.

Yup.
    Actually sick.

This video sounds like just my cup of tea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I don't think she means those videos to be a bit of craic.
    She seems serious about them.

She's just an attention whore, she doesn't care what sort of it is, or how she puts herself across, so long as people are looking at her.

She's just an attention whore, she doesn't care what sort of it is, or how she puts herself across, so long as people are looking at her.

I know at least a dozen people or more who have said to me that ONE of the reasons that they have come to Sligo this year for holidays/weekends etc is, believe it or not.... Aine

Calling her a 'whore' is a bit rough isn't it. She's a great advertisement for this area. She's the type of woman any red blooded man would love to meet on a night out in Sligo.

Aine's great. It's a pity there weren't more of her around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

/faint

I know at least a dozen people or more who have said to me that ONE of the reasons that they have come to Sligo this year for holidays/weekends etc is, believe it or not.... Aine

Calling her a 'whore' is a bit rough isn't it. She's a great advertisement for this area. She's the type of woman any red blooded man would love to meet on a night out in Sligo.

He called her an attention whore. There's a difference. I agree with him.

To be honest, if I want to advertise Sligo I'll advertise SLIGO. Not my body.

We don't need women to dress in a manner the more than adequately fails to please the eye and make silly video's with the same speech in every single one of them to promote Sligo.

She may have fans who "like her to dress like a woman" (yeah, right! :rolleyes:) but I have a very different opinion on how she dresses and the type of people she's bringing to Sligo.

IMO, Aine is an embarrassment.

Jabby. I can never take you seriously again my friend!:eek:

I think there's been enough bad mouthing of Áine in these threads, I'm reporting any posts that bad mouth her!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

I think there's been enough bad mouthing of Áine in these threads, I'm reporting any posts that bad mouth her!!!

There can never be enough 'bad mouthing' of Aine Chambers. She saw it fit to put herself in the public eye (however questionable her methods were) and as a result she should be subject to the same rigours of criticism that everyone else in the public eye is subjected to.

By the same token, if anyone has anything positive to say about her, lets hear it.............................

• Advertisement

He called her an attention whore. There's a difference. I agree with him.

To be honest, if I want to advertise Sligo I'll advertise SLIGO. Not my body.

We don't need women to dress in a manner the more than adequately fails to please the eye and make silly video's with the same speech in every single one of them to promote Sligo.

She may have fans who "like her to dress like a woman" (yeah, right! :rolleyes:) but I have a very different opinion on how she dresses and the type of people she's bringing to Sligo.

IMO, Aine is an embarrassment.

Its only a bit of fun at the end of the day. I can understand women giving out about her but men as well???
    I don't honestly know why people getting so upset about her?

Gillie wrote: »
    Jabby. I can never take you seriously again my friend!:eek:

:D

Its only a bit of fun at the end of the day. I can understand women giving out about her but men as well???
    I don't honestly know why people getting so upset about her?

Not upset. She just bugs me.

I guess some guys have better taste than others? :D

Not upset. She just bugs me.

I guess some guys have better taste than others? :D

I am starting in the IT in September. She won't be there to welcome new students will she? Designated tourism officer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I am starting in the IT in September. She won't be there to welcome new students will she? Designated tourism officer!!!

She might be, bring a snorkle incase you get stuck between her boobs:D

magnumlady wrote: »
    She might be, bring a snorkle incase you get stuck between her boobs:D

What she said! :D

At least I will be OK for a flotation device. :D

I'm with takola.
    It is embarrassing.
    It might not be as embarrassing if she wore nice clothes and got a hair cut.
    Also she could practise her poses a bit more!!!
    Still, it's a laugh though!
    She must like people laughing at her not with her

I'm with takola.
    It is embarrassing.
    It might not be as embarrassing if she wore nice clothes and got a hair cut.
    Also she could practise her poses a bit more!!!
    Still, it's a laugh though!
    She must like people laughing at her not with her

If W.B.Yeats were alive and kicking now, he would have dedicated his poem 'Sweet Dancer' to Aine especially after all of the negative comments that were said about her.

Sweet Dancer

The girl goes dancing there
    On the leaf-sown, new mown, smooth
    Grass plot of the garden;
    Escaped from bitter youth,
    Escaped out of her crowd,
    or out of her black cloud.
    Ah, dancer, ah, sweet dancer!

rgds Aine,

Jabby

PS Stop slagging her off.

• Advertisement

I think we can get back on topic now. Aine is boring me.

Advertisement