Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do to improve Sligo's tourism?*

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Also the mitchell curley portaloos aren't exactly a true public toilet.

And ugh, I had the misfortune of being caught short on the walk to Carrowmore last week. Thankfully they were there... but... ewwwwwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Gillie wrote: »
    That was rubbish printed by someone! That loo is there for Mitchell-Curley park users and is not Sligo's public toilet.

Wasn't it in a local paper......oh, wait. Dammit. I forgot they are all rags:D
    Even if it isn't the all singing, all dancing magic portaloo from Zanzibar we were promised, I suppose it is still Sligo's only toilet provided by the authorities. Actually, it may not even be in the town's boundries.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

no, it's in the town boundaries. The stone demarcating the bourrough boundary was just past the park wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Xiney wrote: »
    no, it's in the town boundaries. The stone demarcating the bourrough boundary was just past the park wall.
    il gatto wrote: »
    Wasn't it in a local paper......oh, wait. Dammit. I forgot they are all rags:D
    Even if it isn't the all singing, all dancing magic portaloo from Zanzibar we were promised, I suppose it is still Sligo's only toilet provided by the authorities. Actually, it may not even be in the town's boundries.

You really have got to love the local authorities in Sligo don't you? Lets face it, they dont do anything by halves do they? Public Toilet outside the boundary, Padestrianised street that doesn't look like one, Parking meters that don't work....... Whatever next.. Tipp ex to mark the roads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

I just clicked on an advertisement for a new website ireland.com. It's to inform people what's going on in Ireland. There wasn't even a mention of Sligo on the main map but if you type in sligo some things do come up. Might help if Sligo is mentioned on the map?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

You need to do what they did in Athlone. (or somewhere like that.) Make a list of 101 things to do in Sligo. Stick it up on the internet, or have it available in tourist offices around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Is it the tourist board here is just plain lazy or whats the story. I could think of hundreds of things to do in Sligo, and most of them are outdoors. Surfing, hill walking, rock climbing, golf, archery, ab-sailing, fishing, horse trails, para gliding...the list is endless and with the scenery and background here the outdoors really need to be exploited. Markree Castle themselves do a fair bit of the above mentioned and would be a great place for tourists to visit and enjoy. I mean who wants to spend their holiday walking around Grattan Street when there is so much more to enjoy. Where is the incentive to come here, it needs to be marketed a lot batter. It has so much to give.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Where can you do ab-sailing and archery?
    I wanna do that

Advertisement